What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Psychological $5 100LL barrier broken here

Here at Pacific NorthWest in Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada (CYPK) we pay ~$6.73 USD per gallon (calculated from liters and CAD) :(
Surprised to see that for example KAWO, which is down south, has the price higher than we have here in Canada. I always was under impression that we pay more than the others here :confused:

Converted to King George's measurement units and USD at the current exchange rate, I'm paying $6.51 per gallon in Sydney right now.

I think it's been over $5 since the mid 2010's.

- mark

Got my airworthiness right after 100LL hit $5/gallon the first time, did all my 40hours at over $5/gallon just had to spread it out a little longer. 10 years later it doesn’t seem near as bad, especially all the $3.?? LL in between.

I stay away from bigger airports and fuel around my home is all less than $5.00.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 1.03.35 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 1.03.35 AM.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 49
I decided yesterday to do a little math. I log each fueling how many gallons I put in. I also use Quicken so have all my receipts for paying for fuel.
Since first flight in 2006, average price I have paid for fuel is $4.92 on 8000 gallons averaging just over 7.2 gallons per hour.
Hint: You may not want to multiply 8000 by $4.92 and show that to your significant other.

Last edited:
I decided yesterday to do a little math. I log each fueling how many gallons I put in. I also use Quicken so have all my receipts for paying for fuel.
Since first flight in 2006, average price I have paid for fuel is $4.92 on 8000 gallons averaging just over 7.2 gallons per hour.
Hint: You may not want to multiply 8000 by $4.92 and show that to your significant other.

That would be $39,360.00.

And during that same time period, a family of three would spend $61,200.00 for cable, internet and three cell phones.

And during that same time period, you lost more that $40,000.00 in vehicle depreciation.

And during that same time period, your RV has increased in value by at least 50%

And during that same time period, the gov't vaporized $680,000 of your income.....:eek:

Here around Pittsburgh (PJC, BTP) we have been $6 or more for at couple years. If it's below $6 I feel it's a steal.

Back