What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Movie List - What do you think they missed?

Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
In the April 2006 Issue of Flying they have an article by Tom Benenson entitled "The Envelope Please". I think they are just trying to spice up the magazine. How could he leave out "The Hunters" and "High Road to China"? Except for "Airplane" the ones he features bring back very good memories, especially:

Hell's Angels
The Flight of the Phoenix
The Spirit of St. Louis
The Great Waldo Pepper
Airport
The High and the Mighty
Always
Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Memphis Belle

What do you think they missed?

Bob Axsom

Oh - come on, Airplane is a classic. ;)

Looks like I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Strategic Air Command

Above & Beyond

McConnel Story

30 Seconds over Tokyo

Island in the Sky

Twelve O'clock High

Excellent aviation motion pictures that I enjoy, even though I don't really know what the article is about.

The Right Stuff (Ok, it's more about Spam in a Can, but its sorta about Yaeger)

"Hey Ridley. Got any Beeman's?"

"Yeah, I think I might have a stick."

"Well loan me some. I'll pay ya back later."

Last edited:
Maverick?

Top Gun(Would have been better with John Travolta)

Flight of the Intruder(Box Man)

Broken Arrow(Hey not a classic, but Travolta is an aviation nut)

Somebody's got to do a Rutan Movie.

Bob Axsom said:
In the April 2006 Issue of Flying they have an article by Tom Benenson entitled "The Envelope Please". I think they are just trying to spice up the magazine. How could he leave out "The Hunters" and "High Road to China"? Except for "Airplane" the ones he features bring back very good memories, especially:

Hell's Angels
The Flight of the Phoenix
The Spirit of St. Louis
The Great Waldo Pepper
Airport
The High and the Mighty
Always
Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Memphis Belle

What do you think they missed?

Bob Axsom
Bob,

Tsk tsk.
How could ANY list of classic airplane films dare omit this outstanding and timeless example of the film makers art? :eek: Scroll to BOTTOM OF PAGE for my review.
http://tinyurl.com/p2ca7

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

The Battle of Britain.

Sure, the plot was a stinker, and the acting was weak (despite some big names), but the flying scenes are incredible..

I'd be willing to pay for a DVD of the flying scenes that weren't used from some of these flicks... E.G. Battle of Britain, Top Gun, and Strategic Air Command.

The Blue Max

Rick6a said:
Bob,

Tsk tsk.
How could ANY list of classic airplane films dare omit this outstanding and timeless example of the film makers art? :eek: Scroll to BOTTOM OF PAGE for my review.
http://tinyurl.com/p2ca7

The Blue Max, in a way it reminded me of Das Boot, something about the feel of the movie. Good movie.

You have to included the Aviator. Yes it was a bad movie, it gave Howard a bad wrap, they couldn't even be consistant throughout a scene, and the acting, well what can you say about that, but in the end it was about airplanes and Howard.

About Travolta and airplanes, couldn't we have got a better champion? :(

And for strange theories...

There's "No Highway in the Sky" with Jimmy Stewart.

As a metallurgist I get a kick out of their proposed theory of fatigue! :p

Scott
-9 Wings

Bridges at Toko-Ri. No sappy ending. Not a bad script and spectacular footage. Most people think it was done with models.

A better role model? Does anyone other than Paul Allen have more planes than Indiana Jones? :) (Harrison Ford)

Best movies-- Pearl Harbor :eek: Tuskegee Airmen and every James Bond movie ever made. :cool:

Fail Safe

Not much flying in it, but as a kid, that movie had a big impact on me. The B-58 Hustler is one of the coolest looking aircraft there is!

b58hustler4ao.jpg

"Cloud Dancer" A 1980 film about competion Aerobatics. Tom Poberezny does some of the air work. Weak story line, but alot of good flying.

Karma can kill ya.

Random observations: NEVER ever go flying with JAG officer Lt. Commander Harmon Rabb. Ever notice that almost everytime Harm settles into the cockpit, there is going to be some unforeseen glitch, some incapacitation, or some outta nowhere mechanical failure? After trashing at least 2 F-14's, dead sticking a Waco, and goodness knows how many other airplanes over his flaming career, this guy has GOT to be the most unlucky pilot in the Navy. :p Tip for the day: See AND avoid. http://tinyurl.com/zj8gr

Rick6a said:
Random observations: NEVER ever go flying with JAG officer Lt. Commander Harmon Rabb. Ever notice that almost everytime Harm settles into the cockpit, there is going to be some unforeseen glitch, some incapacitation, or some outta nowhere mechanical failure? After trashing at least 2 F-14's, dead sticking a Waco, and goodness knows how many other airplanes over his flaming career, this guy has GOT to be the most unlucky pilot in the Navy. :p Tip for the day: See AND avoid. http://tinyurl.com/zj8gr

Yeah, and don't move to that tiny little town in Maine where Jessica Fletcher lives. Chances are you'd end up murdered! You'd think they would have fired the police chief long ago. :)

I also like some of the old WWII movies. "Midway" in particular.

Random Observations

Originally Posted by apatti

Yeah, and don't move to that tiny little town in Maine where Jessica Fletcher lives. Chances are you'd end up murdered! You'd think they would have fired the police chief long ago. :)

I also like some of the old WWII movies. "Midway" in particular.
Tony,
My former father-in-law had a theory that it was actually Jessica Fletcher committing all those murders, and then pinning them on hapless innocent victims. It was a hoot to sit with him and figure out how she "got away with another one."

Back on topic: Flying Leathernecks with John Wayne. Some good flying scenes, and I love the Duke.

Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines....

Old, but funny, and they really built those planes and flew them... one of my gliding instructors (Derek Piggot) was the chief pilot.

As a previous post said, I think they would now do the flying scenes with special effects.

gil in Tucson

Anyone Remember "Fighter Squadron"

Probably no one remembers a movie called "Fighter Squadron". It was in glorious color which was very special back then and the cinematography was really sharp. I believe it starred Edmond Obrien as the lead actor but the real stars of the show were the silver skinned, bubble canopied P-47 Thunderbolts. I had never been a big fan of the "Jug" but after that movie I was very impressed with them. Plot? I don't even know if it had one - didn't matter to me - I loved it.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
This one just barely missed...

...being a classic because of deficiencies. If the movie had just one of the following it would have become an aviation classic:

1. a faster cruise speed(granted, the STOL characteristics were impresssive)

or

2. inverted flight capability(this would have been disastrous for the pilot and crew, but would have made a heck of a good Monty Python skit)

or

3. air-to-ground ordnance(a couple of 2.75" rocket pods would have really made this movie)

And the movie is....
Chitty-chitty-bang-bang :D

Sound tracks

ever notice how flying movies have some of the best instrumental sound tracks and voice?

Chitty chitty bang band has got to be right there with the Seagull.

One Six Right

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the new one that is out now called "One Six Right". It's the story of the history of VNY or Van Nuys Airport in the LA area. Sort of a documentary really. While it talks about the history of the airport, it REALLY is capturing the true love and passion we all have for this addiction called flight. It's a little over an hour long and has some beautiful flying sequences as well as some beautiful music with it.

Definitely recommend it as a permanent addition to your DVD library..

Jeff
-8 wings

Oh, and one this summer that is sure to be a classic: Snakes on a Plane.

That's right, a movie about snakes getting loose on an airliner over the Pacific. And Samuel L. Jackson has to go whoopa** on them.

Got most of the good ones, but.......

Shucks, got most of the good ones, but...............

I agree with all the above but here is a good second string:
(no particular order)

Fate Is the Hunter (1964), Glenn Ford. Very Loosely (very) based on
the best book Ernest K. Gann wrote of the same title, about a pilot blamed
for a fatal airliner crash. Aviation related, it is more story and acting (pretty
good) than special effects and flying scenes, but there are a few flash backs
and flying scenes. Worth a view. The book is much better and the movie
really has nothing about the book, except the title, read the book for sure.

Twelve O'clock High (1949) Gregory Peck

Space Cowboys (2000) (Opening jet scene and later Tommy Lee
Jones's character flying the Stearman. Of course Clint Eastwood is in it. A
little unbelievable in some parts but a nice movie.)

Apollo 13 (1995) Tom Hanks, Not much non-ballistic "flying" below
264,000 feet but awesome, go USA. (No offense to international members,
but not many countries have gone to the moon, wait, no country has landed
man on the moon except the USA. :D )

John Wayne, flying movies:
The High and the Mighty (1954);
Flying Leathernecks (1951);
Island in the Sky (1953) (based on a Ernest K. Gann book);
Jet Pilot (1957) [Corny as they come, almost so bad it is good, but
captures some of the best F-86 in-flight scenes I have seen. If you can't get
it up for a F-86 in flight dancing around clouds, check pulse. Janet Leigh
plays a Russian Fighter pilot who defects or some nonsense. Janet Leigh you
recall, Hitchcock's Psycho, married Tony Curtis, mother of Jamie Lee Curtis,
Janet was hottie in her day.]
Flying Tigers (1942) (don't think I saw this but hey its got the Duke!)

OK I got one and this is obscure:
The Birdmen (1971) (TV move of semi-factual story of WWII POW's
building a 2 place glider to help one POW, a scientist escape from the alpine
castle where the POW's are held. Not bad for a TV move, but it was a home
built plane, cool. I don't remember the move much but it must have made an
impact since I remember it after a few decades, I was not even a teenager
than. Just the thought of building a plane and sliding out an attic loft in a
mountain castle was exciting. It was cool how they scrounged materials. This
really happened
and the glider was build but not used, as WWII had ended
just before they where set to fly it. The glider was shown for a while but
apparently the Russians destroyed it a few years later. I don't think it was a
great film, but I loved the idea of build in a plane over 30 years ago, hmmm wounder why? )

The Mother of all disaster movies:
Airport (1970) , Dean Martin and George Kennedy as "Joe Patroni"
Chief mechanic. Oh MY GOSH! Patroni has to clear a stuck B707 off the
runway so the stricken airliner can return, which in return produces some
memorable quotes from cigar munching Patroni. The airport is snowed in and
the only runway is blocked, so Patroni MUST get the B707 out of the way
with MAX POWER:

(Assistant: "The instruction book said that was impossible!")
"That's one nice thing about the 707. She can do everything but read."
"Hold on, we're goin' for broke!"
"You chickened out on me! I told you I wanted all the power you got!"
"Aww, a tractor-trailer jack-knifed and flipped over. It's laying on its side like a drunken dinosaur."

Patroni chews a pilot out:
"You might fly these things but I take them apart and put them back
together again. If you had any guts we'd be on the runway by now."

"Who do ya think you're talking to, some kid that fixes bicycles? I know every
inch of the 707! Take the wings off this and you could use it as a TANK! This
plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot." :eek:

There are a dozen other quotes from Patroni and others. Don't expect great
acting from Dean Martin, but hey its a classic.

Airplane (1980) , A comedy parody of Airport, this is one of my all time
favorite moves ever. I rarely watch movies twice, but every time I have
seen it, I see or hear something new. It has a who's who of actor's, showing
surprising comedy chops for former leading and dramatic actors:

Lloyd Bridges .... McCroskey
Peter Graves .... Captain Oveur ("Captain Oveur, over!)
Julie Hagerty .... Elaine
Robert Hays .... Ted "Striker"
Leslie Nielsen .... Dr. Rumack (later naked gun movies)
Robert Stack .... Kramer

Quotes: TOO MANY:
"You have clearance, Clarence." "Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"
-----------
Ted Striker: "Surely you can't be serious."
Dr. Rumack: "I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." (lol)
-----------
(Boy visits cockpit)
Capt. Clarence Oveur: "Joey, you like movies about gladiators?" :eek:

George

PS
The Blue Max (1966) George Peppard, agree it was good, but don't
get the Das Boot refrence at all, Blue Max is WWI aviation and Das Boot
WWII U-boat nitty-gritty realistic war move. Anyway Blue Max, good
dramatization of aviation development.

Tom Cruise and John Travolta? Yikes. Earth Calling. They give anyone a licence. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
gmcjetpilot said:
The Blue Max (1966) George Peppard, agree it was good, but don't
get the Das Boot refrence at all, Blue Max is WWI aviation and Das Boot
WWII U-boat nitty-gritty realistic war move. Anyway Blue Max, good
dramatization of aviation development.
I didn't say they had anything to do with each other. Just kind of got the same feeling when watching them both. Something about the texture of the two movies I guess. In the end Das Boot is a great movie, just wish there was an aviation movie of that level. So many of them just get silly with the flying scenes. Maybe that's why Airplane and The Right Stuff worked. Both so over the top, you don't expect them to seem real.

Now that they have the tech to make the scenes look real they still manage to screw them up. I went to see the Aviator with another RV guy. We wanted to like that movie so much. The airplane shots were so poorly put together it made the movie almost unwatchable. During the speed run the Hughes racer becomes an open cockpit, WHAT????? I guess they had to show off their over paid movie star so consistancy between shots went out the window. (It was about a couple of really cool airplanes and an interesting guy, so it has some place in my heart in the end)

And One Six Right, another movie I wanted to like. I got on the mailing list early on and got a copy as soon as them came out. Sorry, but it didn't even come close to living up to the hype. I think there were more airplane shots in the preview than in the film. If I wanted to see an AOPA "Save Our Airport" movie, I'd read their magazine.

I think I'll stick to the stories my grandfather tells about flying P47's in the Pacific during WWII and only rely on Hollywood to blow up cars midair, not fly airplanes.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Travolta

gmcjetpilot said:
Tom Cruise and John Travolta? Yikes. Earth Calling. They give anyone a licence. :rolleyes:
John Travola is cool. He flies everything from ultralights to his 707. When he flies around central Florida,
where he lives, he acts just like any other pilot. Not at all pretentious. I'll bet if you met him
you'd be impressed, and like him.

A Zero is down on Ford Island!?!

mark manda said:
Best movies-- Pearl Harbor :eek: Tuskegee Airmen and every James Bond movie ever made. :cool:

I can't here about the movie Pearl Harbor without:

1) Wretching for what a stinker that film was,

2) Remembering when I was working in PACFLT command center and had to call DC to tell them a Zero crashed on Ford Island. (During the movie filming) Didn't believe me at first. Everyone was OK.

Dancin John

I met John T a couple of times at Spruce Creek (before they kicked him out). And you are right, he was basically just another pilot. Very nice guy.

Toko Ri!

Where else you gonna see such cool shots of Panthers in flight, on the deck, trapping, in the groove, and dropping ordnance? Bill Holden was also one of the slickets cats of his era, and a most convincing aviator in this one to boot.
No excessive sap, no far-fetched plots or smart-a$$ed grand standing (TOP GUN), but brought combat aviation down to the ground...into the mud, where many a fine aviator ended up, battling it out to the last with a revolver and a prayer. It also gave kudos to the Navy helo drivers who fished so many fliers out of the drink with entirely too little recognition. Mickey Rooney...whatta guy. :)

I remember seeing this one on late night TV as a kid, and it just struck me as being something truly special.

As for the remainder of my list:

Battle of Britain (Where DID they find that guy who looked so much like Galland?!) All those Spits and Hurri's in one place, in color and stereo sound....Nirvana!!!

Memphis Belle (plenty of theatrical nonsense, but awesome videography)

AIRPLANE! Can watch it again and again and not see every bit of schtick.

and....the Razzie goes to...

Pearl Harbor. That #$)#$&!! scene of nurse chick and fly-boy gettin' it on in the soft, diffused lighting of the parachute rigging hangar whilst in the midst of the nation's pending delivery into the world at war just made me want to hurl. Oh, and flying knife-edge between buildings like it's just another day at the office for our two dapper heros....well....NUTS! :mad: And, Alec Baldwin as Jimmy Doolittle?!!!??! :eek: Puhleaase!

And there you have it. My report from the red carpet. Stained with 100LL and Aeroshell, of course.

For Dehavilland Mosquito fans

633 Squadron (1964)

Despite some crummy models doing some of the scenes, still pretty good.

For those of you who missed Oshkosh in the mid 90's, the sound of two
merlins in sync doing high speed passes cannot be described. I believe
that Mosquito is now permanently in the museum.

Paul Danclovic
Carver MN
RV-8A

Great Flying Movies

G'day -

thought I'd add a few to the list :

High Road to China
Spirit of St. Louis
Always
Air America
Catch 22
Tora Tora Tora

and a recent one on the Czech 'Battle of Brittain' pilots, that is superb -

Dark Blue World

Cheers

Martin in Oz

The Real Deal

Harvey said:
.....thought I'd add a few to the list......Dark Blue World
Martin in Oz
I'm glad someone thought to include "Dark Blue World." This film can serve as a helpful primer to historical fact relating to Czech involvement in the allied war effort during WWII. And that effort was heroic indeed. The production values and especially the cinematography of this Czech produced film are every bit as good as anything American audiences are accustomed to. Occasionally, English is spoken but for the most part, one must adapt to subtitles unless of course you happen to speak Czech. Some details were noted by this viewer for the first time, such as the distinctive thud of landing gear doors slamming shut on a departing Spitfire, even a tail wheel casually rotating about its axis upon a grassy landing. From an action point of view, the flying sequences were excellent and the Spitfires were plentiful. But to me, the real draw came to be the bonding of men in perilous times, and for the Czech pilots who fought with the RAF in WW11, I learned this process did not realize full closure until the early 1990's.

Thanks for the reminder.

Gallant Journey?

This is kinda fun picking back over my memories before television, etc. for aviation movies that really got my attention (it didn't take much). I recall one that concerned a fellow named Montgomery that was a deeply serious story dating before the Wright brother's success. I believe it took place in San Diego; I believe Montgomery field is named after him and I think there is a monument to him on a low hill in a small park on the way south toward Mexico. I think the movie was called Gallant Journey. Anyway it was not your average slam bang war movie but a movie about one man's struggle to unlock the secrets of flight. The guys in San Diego probably know all about this man and the history, all I know is the movie impressed me so much that all these years later I still feel the emotion of flight that it conveyed even though the details have faded from my mind.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
N916K said:
....And One Six Right, another movie I wanted to like. I got on the mailing list early on and got a copy as soon as them came out. Sorry, but it didn't even come close to living up to the hype. I think there were more airplane shots in the preview than in the film. If I wanted to see an AOPA "Save Our Airport" movie, I'd read their magazine.

I think I'll stick to the stories my grandfather tells about flying P47's in the Pacific during WWII and only rely on Hollywood to blow up cars midair, not fly airplanes.

...yes, you are right about the obvious tone of AOPA trying to make a pitch to the public about saving the local airport, but I still enjoyed it. I think the part I liked the most was when they interviewed the retired airline pilot who was trying to don his old leather flying helmet and googles, and had a bit of a time doing it. Then there was the flashback scene( old movie clip) of him wearing that helmet as a teenager having just first soloed. It was real and I really liked that!

My personal favorite was "The Great Waldo Pepper" ! ...talk about a Walter Mitty fantasy! ..if only I could make a living doing that..

As far as listening to your grandfather tell stories about his P-47 days,...that is priceless and far better than anything Hollywood could possibly come up with. Those folks are a national treasure (anyone of the "greatest generation") , and I am a total captive audience anytime any of those folks speak of the old days. We are losing them quickly these days, so any opportunity to listen to them and talk to them I see as a privledge.

Jeff
-8 wings

Good call on "Dark Blue World"

I'd add:

"Piece of Cake" (a miniseries, but think of it as a better "Battle of Britain", available on DVD)

"Twelve O'Clock High"

"Baa Baa Blacksheep", a lousy movie but with good Corsair footage

Cant remember the title of it, but there was a movie about glider flying---I think it was filmed in the Napa area of Calif. Plot followed some guy meeting his own fears/limits.

Really great flying scenes.

And of course for your typical B/S plot military film, Irom Eagle

Mike

Earth Calling

rv8ch said:
John Travolta is cool. He flies everything from ultralights to his 707. When he flies around central Florida,
where he lives, he acts just like any other pilot. Not at all pretentious. I'll bet if you met him you'd be impressed, and like him.
I never said he was not a nice guy, not cool, not talent, not a good actor or was not impressive. In fact I know more about JT than you think. I was making an off handed comment about him and Tom Cruise being into Scientology, and it was more directed towards Tom Cruise, whose recent public displays have drawn him criticism. JT is a little more stable and carries himself publicly with more dignity, sorry Tom.

My friend has flown with John Travolta. My buddy has letters of authorization to fly several jet trainers and fighters. He gave JT some jet checkout, I forgot which one. I heard JT is a nice guy, does not like to be singled out or given the star treatment. I am sure he is nice and is a talent actor, no debate. I personally don't know him.

For all that do not know JT and TC are both pilots and Scientologist.

The "earth is calling" remark was from the FACT Scientology believes our bodies are inhabited by aliens sent here from Xenu, REALLY. Scientology is the greatest. I have read about Scientology, fascinating, weird but fascinating.

Regardless I admit I like many moves both JT and TC have made, some where an abomination; what was it? "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000". :p Battlefield Earth reviews from individuals "D"

John Travolta made "Battlefield Earth". It was based on of many books the late science fiction writer, Ron L. Hubbard. Hubbard also wrote "Dianetics" and is founder of Scientology. Dianetics was the basis and foundation for the Church of Scientology. Hubbards teaching are unilaterally rejected by the psychiatric community, no doubt part of the reason for followers disdain of main stream medicine. As you may know Tom Cruise made a big deal about another Celeb talking openly about postpartum depression and how medication helped her (Brook Shields). Tom said vitamins and exercise was all she needed and ridiculed her in public. Ouch. Interesting when Ron L. Hubbard died he allegedly was pumped up with drugs, but that is what I read in "The Rolling Stone" magazine, in a long researched article about Scientology. Correction Hubbard did not die, he choose to "leave his earth body".

They believe Xenu (Zee-nu) a galactic ruler (of the "Galactic Confederacy") who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of "aliens" to Earth (in a space ship that looks like a DC-8 but with rocket engines) , stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls (thetan's) released, they then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living (at the dawn of humans), and continue to cause problems today. This is the cause for all problems. Fortunitly wicked extraterrestrial Tyrant Xenu who has enslaved us, with his evil psychic influence (thetans) can be defeated! Ron L Hubbard alone figured out how to naturalize it. Thanks to his his prodigious Psychotherapeutic techniques you can recover a recording of your past lives. Thru lots of "auditing" with an E-meter, courses and differnt operating thetan (OT) levels of training, of which there are 8 levels, you can......I don't know? but at level 8 you can move objects with your mind and you don't need your body. John Travolta I hear is a OT level 7!!!

Scientology "rehabilitate" the thetan of a practitioner to a state where the individual can operate with or without a body. The Operating Thetan (OT) levels are the upper level courses in Scientology. Cool! It will only cost you $##,### of dollars? It is also thought that Celebrities are sought out and used as advertising for the Church. Makes sense to me, I don't see anything wrong with that; If I was starting my own church I would want some Celebs in it. I especially like the part where Xenu's space ship looks like a DC-8 (really Hubbard wrote that). read more: Scientology & Ron L. Hubbard. At the bottom are several links including the recent Rolling Stone article, this month, I mentioned.

Here is a funny video clip South park clip Stan is thought to be the reincarnation of Ron L. Hubbard and the "Church" of Scientology seeks him out.

Hey I am all for Scientology, but I am all set with my belief system; so no thanks, I'm good. They don't hurt me or threaten me. People should be free to believe whatever they want, including Scientology. I don't hold any prejudice based on ones belief, as long as they don't hurt others. I also like John Trovolta's and Tom Cruise's moves, they are all awesome! Well I'll leave it at I like some of their movies. I would also add I don't think people in Hollywood are strange or odd in any way at all, ever. ;) "Use the Force Luke."

Sorry if I offended you Mickey I did not realize you where such a fan and friend of JT's. I am sure JT is glad you are on his side, but the Dude can almost move things with his mind! HIS FREAKING MIND! Heck yea, GO John! G

(PS: I wounder if JT's is checked out on the DC-8 space ship, its like his 707)

Last edited:
No problemo

George said:
Sorry if I offended you Mickey I did not realize you where such a fan and friend of JT's. I am sure JT is glad you are on his side, but the Dude can almost move things with his mind! HIS FREAKING MIND! Heck yea, GO John! G
Don't worry - I've got very thick skin. Very little chance of offending me. Now, if you start talking bad about The Duke, well, that's another story. :)

BTW, I really don't know anything about scientology, but I did download and watch the South Park episode last night. I guess now scientologists around the world will start rioting and trashing embassies. ;)

So True

rv8ch said:
Don't worry - I've got very thick skin. Very little chance of offending me. Now, if you start talking bad about The Duke, well, that's another story. :)

BTW, I really don't know anything about scientology, but I did download and watch the South Park episode last night. I guess now scientologists around the world will start rioting and trashing embassies. ;)
Mickey Good ONE. lol :p . Thanks George

Cheesy

Skimmed the responses, so don't know if anyone said it already, but "Cloud Dancer" is another one for the list. Horrible acting, super-cheesy 70's music, but great flying. :)

If anyone is interested the movie "The worlds fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins is playing in Branson Mo. It is probably lots of other places in MO. too.
Here I go! :)

Re: Earth Calling

Some people believe things because of faith, and others "believe" for other reasons. As there's alot of money in religion and cults, I'd submit that faith is a function or payroll for some.

It's a MAD MAD WOrld

Yeah guys,
Don't forget the movie "It's a Mad Mad Mad World." You get to see Jim Bachus passing out drunk while flying a Beech 18, then Mickey Rooney takes over and sort-of saves the day, flying the Beech through a billboard. Gotta be a classic moment in film.
Cheers, Pete

P.S. I liked Cloud Dancer alot too. The flying was great if you like P-51s and Pitts Specials

Fandango had a great scene with a C-172 doing some crazy stunts. Yeah, it was just a C-172 but that guy could really use it.

Jekyll

Back