What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help in Troutdale, OR (new tailwheel)

Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Hi all,

This is a stretch, but I have a friend with a new to him RV-4 who just landed in Troutdale, and his tailwheel came apart during landing (just the wheel). Anyone have a loaner he can use to get going again? I believe he has the 1/2" bolt and the rest could probably be fixed with shim washers in the short term?

If so, his name is Jack, and his phone number is (360) 7 seven five - 7599. Or you can call me at (612) two thre nine - 5128 and I can relay.

Thanks much!

- Rick
RV4 N999XS
RV10 in the oven . . .

Hi all,

This is a stretch, but I have a friend with a new to him RV-4 who just landed in Troutdale, and his tailwheel came apart during landing (just the wheel). Anyone have a loaner he can use to get going again? I believe he has the 1/2" bolt and the rest could probably be fixed with shim washers in the short term?

If so, his name is Jack, and his phone number is (360) 7 seven five - 7599. Or you can call me at (612) two thre nine - 5128 and I can relay.

Thanks much!

- Rick
RV4 N999XS
RV10 in the oven . . .
He could call Vans and see if they are open and have one. He could Uber over there, 45 min.-1hr.
Hopefully someone on the field or nearby can help though.

Just talked to Jack. He found a mechanic to do a short-term fix for him for a one time flight. Thanks all . . . .

- Rick

He could call Vans and see if they are open and have one. He could Uber over there, 45 min.-1hr.
Hopefully someone on the field or nearby can help though.
Thanks JonJay,

We were thinking of that but his after market TW fork is based on a 1/2" axle, and it appears all of the Vans wheels are set up for 3/8" axle.

Back