What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LOM or other alternative engine info

vfrazier

Well Known Member
Hey experts, who, if anyone, is selling the LOM engines currently?

If those aren't available any longer, who has similar engines? Ranger, Menasco, etc..

Or viable V-6 or V-8 conversions in the 250hp range with redrives?

Not much info online about these engines.

Subaru info is easy to find. Please don't send that.

Please reply directly to [email protected]

Thanks,

Geared drives offer LSX engine packages and is working on some 3.5L Honda V6 ones now although those have not flown yet. Geared has several hundred flight hours on the LSX packages. Not sure what your weight targets are but the LSX is a bit porky for the 250hp range.

Titan aircraft has been using the same 3.5L Hondas for a couple years now and the engines have been performing reliably in their T51 replicas so the core reliability appears good. Proper gearbox selection is important to ensure total system reliability.

http://geareddrives.com/

I've flown the 6 cylinder supercharged LOM in a Zlin and was not impressed. It did not seem to put out the rated 210 hp.

Go to the Matronics web site & search for the Lom list. There's a guy flying a -3 with one, but I can't remember his name. He *might* even be a dealer for them, but I can't remember for sure.

Charlie

Hey experts, who, if anyone, is selling the LOM engines currently?

If those aren't available any longer, who has similar engines? Ranger, Menasco, etc..

Or viable V-6 or V-8 conversions in the 250hp range with redrives?

Not much info online about these engines.

Subaru info is easy to find. Please don't send that.

Please reply directly to [email protected]

Thanks,

You have to order directly from LOM in Praha. They gave me a price list some time ago, but it is long gone.

http://www.lompraha.cz/en/piston-engines

Thanks guys.

From what I can gather from the email from Petr, their czech rep, the engines are available. However, they are in the neighborhood of 30K euros. For me the price is too high for something that does not have convenient parts availability in the U.S.

Someone can chime in if I'm overlooking anything important.

Back