What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB - Helping out 95 year old pilot. Certified Aircraft - MX11 COMM, RAY ALLEN Turn Coordinator, Narco AT150 Transponder, ADSB Solution

PittsCondor

Well Known Member
My 95 year old good friend owns a Swift and had a short in his battery connection causing all his avionics to blow. He is trying to getting his plane back in the air a cheaply as possible so hoping someone on here may have the items he needs.

TKM MX11 Comm
Narco Transponder AT150
RC Allen Turn Coordinator

He is interested in upgrading to an ADSB Out solution but again it needs to be cheap. He has macular degeneration so only gets to use his airplane when another pilot can be at the controls (me).

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_7745.jpg
    IMG_7745.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7748.jpg
    IMG_7748.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 126
I know it's not ideal, but if he's just looking for a comm to get around the patch you can get a handheld for around $200 these days.

Thats what I was wondering….. why have anything but VFR…. 95 years young… how much IFR is he going to be flying? You dont even need a radio for VFR if non towered field, dont need a transponder either, all you need is airspeed and altimeter, and I dont have ADSB in either of my planes, I dont live in an area where it’s required and when I do need to go into class C or B airspace I use the ADAPT tool https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/technology/equipadsb/adapt its easy and worked about 10 times all the times I used it, never been refused a clearance yet.

Anyway , thats awesome that you keep him flying!! 95 hope I make it that long, not many do

Last edited:
Back