What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Workshop nears completion!!

$450 :eek: how many gallons is that????? Enough to get to North Perry for breakfast and back! You own chunk of forest and lake why not cut your own lumber? You can salvage hardware from junk yard by your work :D

It's too much expenses already. Did you get your missing die and rivet sets from the gentleman you bargained your tools?

It's only vaguely because it is not NEARLY as nice as your shop set-up. If your airplane turns out anything close to your shop did....you'll have a Lindy winner for sure!

You will love that bench. I have. Now get building!

No die or rivets sets yet. He says he will look through his shop to see what he can find but I haven't hgeard anything back. :(:(

Tony, couple of ideas/suggestions for your table.

Add a power cord or 10 or 15', and a 4 gang outlet box or a power strip so you can plug in all the devices and leave them plugged in. The built in extension cord wont get lost when you need it.

You have a ready source of chips and sanding dust there, have you thought of putting a small vacuum on the lower shelf, and running the hose up through the middle of the table??

_DSC0138.JPG

I already planned on power cord but vacuum might be a good idea. The Russian is short though so maybe I'll just have him clean up!! :D

Quick Question

Has anyone had issues with the workbench being on wheels? Are the locking wheels enough to keep it from moving around?

Last edited:
Mine (of very similar design) is quite sturdy and heavy enough to stay put with 2 locking casters. I may replace the other 2 with lockers for grins.

I recently had one caster fail due to weight as I was rolling it over the expansion joint from the shop to the driveway. With these tools on them, it is quite heavy.

I have not had to chase mine around the floor...ever.

Back