What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wired Ignition and Pmags Today

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Finally. But, I changed out the Pmag test buttons for Honeywell TLs. And, I moved them. So, I had to fabricate another port side panel. But, I like this way better.

The buttons I was thinking of using made me nervous. The connections are #2 screws and tiny little connectors. Compare to the Honeywells below

Pmag Test Button vs TL.jpg

Buttons are these:

Pmag Test Button Label.jpg

The previous panel had the buttons too close to the heater knob, also. So, I moved things around a bit and fabbed a new port panel.

Panel v3.4  1-29-23.jpg

The new arrangement separates things a bit better, I think.

Panel Left v3.5 6-23.jpg

Wires are long enough to allow maintenance

Ignition and Pmag Wiring Panel Removed.jpg

Panel Left Rear v3.5 Installed.jpg

The only question I have is:

what is the accepted method of keeping the loop of wires tidy behind the panel when installed?

Organizing wire

I hate zip ties, but feel free to use them. They can be clipped and replaced cheap.
I bought a roll of industrial velcro. I really like it for stuff behind the panel.
Wires and plumbing that don't need to be released have a few layers of self fusing silicone tape with waxed lashing over it.
I added adel clamps on the ribs behind the panel to route wires that cross from one side to the other. Keeps the bundles neat. Also used some expanding wire management in some places.

I hate zip ties, but feel free to use them. They can be clipped and replaced cheap.
I bought a roll of industrial velcro. I really like it for stuff behind the panel.
Wires and plumbing that don't need to be released have a few layers of self fusing silicone tape with waxed lashing over it.
I added adel clamps on the ribs behind the panel to route wires that cross from one side to the other. Keeps the bundles neat. Also used some expanding wire management in some places.

Velcro! Brilliant. Why didn't I think of that! Zip ties are getting replaced.

How do you manage where the maintenance loop(s) end up when the panel is installed?

How do you manage where the maintenance loop(s) end up when the panel is installed?

I had the same dilemma and a search of VAF did not reveal many answers. AC43.13 says to secure the maintenance loops, but there's not much guidance on how to do this.

I put some slack in the switch loop and tied it with a zip to an adel clamp mounted on the side bracket, to stop it from flopping around. It is possible to reach the zip tie through the big opening when the 10 inch display is removed.

Back