What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing wiring - ZipTips

I am looking to install my wiring to support ZipTips before closing the bottom skins. I do not have my fuselage yet, but want to make sure I have an adequate length of my wiring harness to go from the tip to the panel connections. Looking for thoughts on how much wire I need beyond the root. The wing requires 12' with perhaps 18" pigtail in the tip itself. Not looking to have a connector in the root.

Why no connector ?

I am looking to install my wiring to support ZipTips before closing the bottom skins. I do not have my fuselage yet, but want to make sure I have an adequate length of my wiring harness to go from the tip to the panel connections. Looking for thoughts on how much wire I need beyond the root. The wing requires 12' with perhaps 18" pigtail in the tip itself. Not looking to have a connector in the root.

CPC panel mount in the wing root works well. If you really want to torture yourself add 12 ft but will you add the extra wire to the fuselage harness or wing harness? Sounds like you want to add wire loop to the wing. Going to be a PITA to pull that wire group to the panel. Not normally done but always a first time.

Don't forget some wires go to the other wing.

The wig-wag sync wire has to go to to other wing so plan for that as well.

Back