What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Why are you not going to OSH 2013?

Why are you not @ the show?

• Can't spare the money (need the $$ for fwf)

Votes: 43 23.4%
  • Family obligation

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Can't get away from work

Votes: 63 34.2%
  • Too far (to drive? to fly?)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Not interested (for whatever reason)

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 35 19.0%

• Total voters
Try and go every "other" year-this year is not the "other" year...

That's pretty much my excuse as well. I'm wishing now that I'd traded this year for last; the high temps last year made things pretty miserable... I could've covered more ground looking at everything, but spent too much time chasing down cold water and shade. And then there were the dorms in the heat, woof...

Wings INOP

The wings need a bit of maintenance before they are airworthy. Maybe next year, or the next, or the next...

2evgnpz.jpg

Can't wait, BTW!!!

I want to really badly - but time is precious. I've got a 3-month old son and what little free time I do get is spent trying to finish my FWF, otherwise this bird will never get airborne.

Money and vacation time. Doing the big ATL-HOU move ate up a fair number of vacation days when I was just getting started. And while I got money for relocation, there was still a lot of stuff to get for the house.

So I'm taking this year off, but hoping to be back next year. I've been living vicariously through a couple of coworkers who are flying up. They'll be doing the mass arrival with all the Cherokees, and it's their first time, so I lent them some of my stuff from last year.

Back