What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind GA200 spinner

kens_cockpit

Well Known Member
I have the above propellor.

I initially thought I could adjust the various backing plates I had to work with the Vans spinner. I gave up and purchased the WW 13” spinner. It comes with the backing plate pre drilled for the spinner with the nutplates and screws installed. Very nice.

The forward plate has the holes to attach it to the front of the hub but nothing drilled to attach it to the spinner. Am I meant to drill the holes to attach the forward plate to the spinner? Or is it just so well made the mechanical friction will see it do its job ?

I have read the instructions multiple times and can’t find any reference to this. I have emailed WW but not received a response.

If I need to drill the spinner to the forward plate what is the best way of measuring to get the holes correctly positioned on the forward plate flange?

Thanks for your wisdom on this.

I have the above propellor.

I initially thought I could adjust the various backing plates I had to work with the Vans spinner. I gave up and purchased the WW 13” spinner. It comes with the backing plate pre drilled for the spinner with the nutplates and screws installed. Very nice.

The forward plate has the holes to attach it to the front of the hub but nothing drilled to attach it to the spinner. Am I meant to drill the holes to attach the forward plate to the spinner? Or is it just so well made the mechanical friction will see it do its job ?

I have read the instructions multiple times and can’t find any reference to this. I have emailed WW but not received a response.

If I need to drill the spinner to the forward plate what is the best way of measuring to get the holes correctly positioned on the forward plate flange?

Thanks for your wisdom on this.
No drilling and attaching forward bulkhead to spinner, it just bolts to the fwd face of hub Pic is mine on 6A O320. Woks great x 300 hrs in 3 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.png
    IMG_0740.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0741.png
    IMG_0741.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Back