What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What lord mounts.

JohnTod

When I purchased my 3, it was disassembled. The Lord mounts I purchased at the time turned out to be wrong. (J-7401-1) I now have engine droop. What is everyone using for aerobatic use. I have a dynafocal mount. Thanks.

lord mounts

hello John: i used part #, j-7402-24 lord isolator mounts new, in 2021.
0320-e2d,dynafocal mount.1990 rv-3. spinner gap did not change.
lawrence

Lord mounts

Hi John
If yours is an earlier model 3 it's possible the cups on the dynafocal mount are smaller than on the more recent 3B's I think they are 23/4 in. vs 3in. Just something to check before ordering. I thought they where all the same size.
Chris

Lord mounts

I had quite a time finding suitable mounts for the smaller dynafocal cups. VAN'S no longer had a record of the part numbers. I ended up ordering Barry mounts p/n 94150-01 (lord has a cross reference but more expensive). The inner rubber part of the isolator fit the inner hole of the cup just fine, but there was a gap between the outer circumference of the isolator and the outer circumference of the cup that had me a little worried. I tried to find a phone # for Barry mount tech rep but no luck. Using the cross reference # for Lord I managed to talk to tech rep there, she basically said as long as the inner cup was a snug fit not to worry about the gap on the outer circumference. I can't vouch for these mounts yet the plane isn't flying. If you want any pictures or further info PM me your email.
Chris

Mounts

Thanks, I've been looking at the Barry mounts. Their application list show four RV 3 mounts depending on engine etc.

Lord Mounts finally got back with what I need. They say J-7402-37. That may help someone else with an early RV 3. Mine first flew in 1979.

Back