What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted: Wyoming hangar space or rental

Joe

Well Known Member
Looking for space for my RV-8A nearly anywhere in Wyoming. I like the northern part of the state (except Cody and Jackson) but would consider other areas.

Sheridan would be my preference but I phoned the airport manager and he had nothing. Same story at Buffalo.

Thanks,
Joe
[email protected]

Looking for space for my RV-8A nearly anywhere in Wyoming. I like the northern part of the state (except Cody and Jackson) but would consider other areas.

Sheridan would be my preference but I phoned the airport manager and he had nothing. Same story at Buffalo.

Thanks,
Joe
[email protected]

Contact Nate (airport manager) in Thermopolis. Hot Springs airport KHSG. I'm not sure if he has anything but it's a nice new airport. He is also the A&P on the field. Worland is fairly well locked up but a new hangar is being built right now. There is also a hangar you could buy for cheap but the door needs some work. PM me if interested to get the guys contact. Greybull may have options but idk who you could contact other than the manager. Good thing you left Cody out of your wishlist unless you have boat loads of cash/ and or love flying in stupid wind most of the year. haha Seriously, if you end up in the Basin the closer you get to the mountains really starts to limit flying days (mainly in winter). Worland and Greybull seem to really never have much wind. We are really quite spoiled here in the central Basin with good weather.

Thank you, Jereme. Thermopolis sounds promising but I got home too late in the day to phone Nate (will try on Monday). For that matter, so does your very own Worland although I had never thought about it very much. Some years ago I hflew there so my GF could visit her uncle (now desceased).

I'll PM you next week and maybe we can talk about things on the phone if that's OK.

Best,
Joe

Thank you, Jereme. Thermopolis sounds promising but I got home too late in the day to phone Nate (will try on Monday). For that matter, so does your very own Worland although I had never thought about it very much. Some years ago I hflew there so my GF could visit her uncle (now desceased).

I'll PM you next week and maybe we can talk about things on the phone if that's OK.

Best,
Joe

Sounds great Joe!

Hangar space....

Is Montana too far away? I don't have any real information but Columbus might have hangar space somewhere..... 406 three two two five nine seven four might get you the information you need. And cheaper fuel prices than "some other places....";)

Hi Michael,

I lived in Great Falls many years ago and while Montana is a great place (in fact, it's the Last Best Place :) , I like Wyoming's tax climate better.

I did not mention in my original posting but I'm considering relocating and the thought of getting rid of Oregon's nearly-10% income tax and high property tax is very appealing. But finding an aviation setup that compares to the one I have here at Independence is proving to be difficult if not impossible.

--
Joe

Wyoming

Joe,
There is space in Pinedale, Wy. It may not be like Sheridan or Buffalo, but it is a good place to live. A little bit higher elevation. I think it is better than Big Piney or Rocksprings, which also have hangar space available. The problem with Sheridan is the airport management and the county aren't very active in promoting aviation. There is a lot of space to build t hangars, they just don't know how to do it. I have lived in Wyoming in the past and owned a FBO in Sheridan for a while. My brother in law lives in Pinedale and he knows about space there. If you want more information PM me and I can get you in touch with him.
Fred

Back