What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting KFXE Ft Lauderdale

billgill

11/30 thru about 12/04.
Any inexpensive hangar space available?

Best regards,

Bill
RV-7 N151WP
Lees Summit, MO

Bill,

I don't know about hangar space, but I've visited FXE many times. Sano Jet has the best price on 100LL. Banyan is about a buck more on fuel, but they have a much larger facility and are likely to have some transient hangar space if you call early. Sano may have some space available as well. FXE is like a second home for me during the spring and summer.

BillGill,
Did you ever find any inexpensive hangar space? I usually go down there 2 - 3 times a year. I go to Banyan, but it is expensive. I got my PPL at FXE in the early eighties and I remember when Banyan was the new kid on the block.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Sano Jet

is where I parked. I tipped the line guy after parking and he took excellent care of my RV -- parked it out of the wind and away from jet blast...also vowed to move it into a hangar if storms were in the area. He is an A&P/IA and loves RV's.

I was there five days. Overnight parking is $20/night, but they waived two nights with fuel purchase. I will definitely stay there again.

FXE tower can be VERY BUSY and taxiway diagrams are a MUST.

Bill
RV-7 N151WP
Lees Summit, MO

Thanks for the update Bill. I was thinking about going to Sano next time. Now I will based on your PIREP. THX!

Back