What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Shipping

Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
I know vans is fighting some internal struggles right now, but it isn’t gonna get better unless they can also improve their customer service.

I placed an order 3 days ago, and I need the parts quick, so I paid $40 for 2 day shipping. It doesn’t do any good to pay for quick shipping if they don’t fill the order for 3 days.

Customer service is lacking.

They clearly state on their web site "fulfilling orders within 4 days" . Shipping in my mind would be a separate procedure.

I'll just say their customer service has been stellar considering all they are going through. To use the web store and pick a shipping option and expecting it to ship when you place the order is unrealistic.

Now if you had called and they made an exception to get your item out the door asap and failed I apologize for everything above.

Arnie

I know vans is fighting some internal struggles right now, but it isn’t gonna get better unless they can also improve their customer service.

I placed an order 3 days ago, and I need the parts quick, so I paid $40 for 2 day shipping. It doesn’t do any good to pay for quick shipping if they don’t fill the order for 3 days.

Customer service is lacking.
I have order parts in the last 2 months and it has been terrible. They send you a UPS tracking number and the person in parts tell you it will be shipped tomorrow and you keep checking the tracking and it only says that the label has been created. Call back for a week and they tell you they will get it out tomorrow. It will go on like this for 1-2 weeks. Like a broken record.

I can’t miss this opportunity to vent.

My RV is grounded waiting parts. Placed an order at the end of March with express shipping. Vans shipped my order the next day. Great.

Then it all went down hill. Twenty days later the tracking shows my order has been turned around on the other side of the world and sent back. WTF? The carrier will only talk to the sender, so I made several phone calls to Vans to request their assistance but each call was disconnected upon being transferred to the shipping department.

On my fourth phone call to Vans I spoke with Fedosia who was helpful and started a new order. But I think better communication from the Vans shipping department could have avoided a lot of this problem.

At this stage I don’t know when I’ll be back in the air.

I've placed a dozen small orders over the last three months. They usually ship in two days and their shipping is very inexpensive. And, the packaging is always first rate. Probably the best packaging of any company I've ever dealt with.

I seem to remember a note somewhere that said if you are AOG put “Urgent AOG” in the notes section of the web order form, pay for express shipping, and they will do their best to get the parts out ASAP.
But that was some time ago, and I may be mis-remembering.

I've placed a dozen small orders over the last three months. They usually ship in two days and their shipping is very inexpensive. And, the packaging is always first rate. Probably the best packaging of any company I've ever dealt with.

Same here.

It's hit and miss. I've had some great turnaround. I've also had a backordered part for 6 months that showed "in stock" on the web store, and took 3 or 4 phone calls and many emails to get it shipped. They are trying...

I recently ordered on line replacement gas struts...showing in stock and chose "least expensive shipping". I received them in 5 days. Over the years if I had to speak with someone in shipping Fedosia has been my very reliable and responsive go to person.

I have a small business with a web store. Unfortunately some companies (ahem, Amazon) have created the unreal expectation that items ordered online should arrive same day or next day. Short of running your own airline and logistics company (Amazon), we are all at the mercy of shipping services like USPS, FedEx, et al, or other 3rd party services. It doesn’t matter how quickly we get orders out the door if the shipping company leaves the package sitting at the warehouse for 6 days.

Not VANSs, but I recently ordered a set of bearing for airplane wheels. They were being sent from WI to MN. They arrived in MN and then were shipped to NY and then back to MN. Took nearly two weeks!! Not the sellers problem, I blame it all on the shipping process, USPS in this case.

On another note, I visited the VANS factory recently (last month) and while touring the factory, there was one guy with dark wavy hair, that was doing nothing but playing on his phone. Every time we walked by, he would not notice us until we were nearly upon him, where he would quickly try and put his phone away. If I were in charge, he'd be getting his walking papers! Can't get product out the door if you aren't doing your job!

Back