What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Used Tools

2NinerFoxtrot

I'm New Here
Hi Everyone! Finally made the decision to start an RV-14 (hooray!) and am now getting into all the fun shop setup items. I've found and read many posts about who sells good tool kits but I haven't found much about used tools. I already have a fairly well setup space with "standard" shop items, like compressor, vice, drill press etc. but I do not yet have anything specific to plane building. There must be some people who have finished their builds and are ready to unload the shop items they no longer need, right? Outside of the classifieds posted here, does anybody have good suggestions on where to search, which items are fine used and which items really should be purchased new?

Welcome!
You would think but… Once you have them people tend to want to keep them. You have an airplane that you will maintain and upgrade. I couldn’t even part with 100’s of clecos I’m certain I’ll never use again. Every once in a while someone decides kit building isn’t for them and sells off the lot.

Last edited:
And the list goes on
You are not as lucky as I was in 1991 when we had a Boeing surplus store up the road by Seattle
Your best shot is patience and keeping an eye out for somebody deciding to not build after buying all the tools needed
Good lick with the search and build journey
Art

Tools

Hi Everyone! Finally made the decision to start an RV-14 (hooray!) and am now getting into all the fun shop setup items. I've found and read many posts about who sells good tool kits but I haven't found much about used tools. I already have a fairly well setup space with "standard" shop items, like compressor, vice, drill press etc. but I do not yet have anything specific to plane building. There must be some people who have finished their builds and are ready to unload the shop items they no longer need, right? Outside of the classifieds posted here, does anybody have good suggestions on where to search, which items are fine used and which items really should be purchased new?
. I have a lot of used aircraft tools having built 2 RV-6 and 1 Thorp T-18 airplanes. Email:[email protected]

Back