What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak Gemini autopilot is frozen

dnickerson46

I'm New Here
I pursued all the TruTrak Gemini autopilot postings and didn't find a similar post to my problem. Has anyone had the the experience of their Gemini autopilot being frozen when it is turned on? When I'm on the ground, I push the joystick in, the autopilot engages and the autopilot disconnect will disengage it. However, the screen is frozen and no other joystick movements are reflected on the screen. In other words I cannot set the baro, heading, etc using the joystick. The DG indication is RED. Any ideas?

I pursued all the TruTrak Gemini autopilot postings and didn't find a similar post to my problem. Has anyone had the the experience of their Gemini autopilot being frozen when it is turned on? When I'm on the ground, I push the joystick in, the autopilot engages and the autopilot disconnect will disengage it. However, the screen is frozen and no other joystick movements are reflected on the screen. In other words I cannot set the baro, heading, etc using the joystick. The DG indication is RED. Any ideas?
Have you checked the voltage at the back of the breaker? I had a few Tyco breakers that failed in a wonky state. They would power equipment up but at a restricted voltage. Causes a brown out like situation. Easy to test. Alligator clip lead to bypass the breaker for a quick test.

Have you checked the voltage at the back of the breaker? I had a few Tyco breakers that failed in a wonky state. They would power equipment up but at a restricted voltage. Causes a brown out like situation. Easy to test. Alligator clip lead to bypass the breaker for a quick test.
Thanks. That's a good idea. I installed a new breaker for a Garmin USB charging port and I was working around the breakers.

Back