What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio EZ Pilot Problem

Just a Thought

I hate resurrecting threads but I did not see any 'resolution' yet.

Jamie, you mention that you see the stick hunting around while you are on the ground. This tells me that even when the plane is at rest, the AP head or the servo may be getting erroneous information.

I also saw that you have checked for EMI and tried flying with minimal electrical loads and breakers pulled.

Have you tried checking your wiring and connectors between the head and the servo?

Hi Scott or Jenni: Thanks for the thoughts. My comments below.

Jamie, you mention that you see the stick hunting around while you are on the ground. This tells me that even when the plane is at rest, the AP head or the servo may be getting erroneous information.

Everyone who has a Trio, including the Trio folks, tell me that the ailerons wagging on the ground is completely normal. The servo is hunting for load on the ailerons. I swapped out the head and the servo and no change in behavior was observed.

I also saw that you have checked for EMI and tried flying with minimal electrical loads and breakers pulled.

Have you tried checking your wiring and connectors between the head and the servo?

Yes, I checked all of the wiring from the end to end, including installing all new connectors and carefully soldering them as well as crimping them.

Back