What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trig TY91, PAC15EX, GRT HXR question

750SD

I'm New Here
Hello all. I am an ex RV guy, and miss it every day. I would order a 15 if I could, but went with a different kit for now. I am building a 750SD and nearing the final stages.
I have a PS PAC15EX audio panel, a Trig TY91 remote com, and a GRT HXR to control the com. I bought this equipment new a few years back and of course life got in the way, but I’m on the home stretch.
The Audio panel and com are wired as per GRT and PS wiring diagrams. I can receive audio, I can transmit, but I have no mic otherwise. There is no communication between headsets, and no audio feedback in the headset when speaking.
I have contacted all the usual suspects and can not get it resolved.
I am reaching out to what I feel are the most experienced builders in the world for help, so hope this works.
Cheers and thanks in advance.

Hello all. I am an ex RV guy, and miss it every day. I would order a 15 if I could, but went with a different kit for now. I am building a 750SD and nearing the final stages.
I have a PS PAC15EX audio panel, a Trig TY91 remote com, and a GRT HXR to control the com. I bought this equipment new a few years back and of course life got in the way, but I’m on the home stretch.
The Audio panel and com are wired as per GRT and PS wiring diagrams. I can receive audio, I can transmit, but I have no mic otherwise. There is no communication between headsets, and no audio feedback in the headset when speaking.
I have contacted all the usual suspects and can not get it resolved.
I am reaching out to what I feel are the most experienced builders in the world for help, so hope this works.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
This is a long shot, but not too long ago there was a similar post. Turned out that Trig sells sub-variants of this radio: one communicates with Dynon, the other with GRT, but they are not interchangeable. Look thru your Trig manual (or search for the post, maybe 6 months ago?). Make sure you have the right radio.
If possible, have someone else look at your wiring, with a bright light and magnifying glass. It’s very easy to put a crimped pin into the wrong hole.

This is a long shot, but not too long ago there was a similar post. Turned out that Trig sells sub-variants of this radio: one communicates with Dynon, the other with GRT, but they are not interchangeable. Look thru your Trig manual (or search for the post, maybe 6 months ago?). Make sure you have the right radio.
If possible, have someone else look at your wiring, with a bright light and magnifying glass. It’s very easy to put a crimped pin into the wrong hole.
Another, not sure if this is the case, but I had a similar issue with the passenger com and no side tone. I tracked it to a ground (low) wire not connected properly on the passenger mic wiring at the radio.

If you haven't found an answer after SnF, reach out to me as we have a setup like that in my friend's "RedTail 8".
It works fine.

Thank you everyone for the replies. We are still working away on it.
jclark, I will definitely take you up on your offer if we can’t get it in the next couple days!

Thanks

Update!
Well facepalm moment (not the first). We discovered that pushing the correct soft key on the HXR will bring up the option to mute the intercom. We now have pilot to co-pilot intercom, can transmit, and receive.
Controlling remote radios from an EFIS is definitely a learning curve.

Back