What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

This thing was a lifesaver!

Brantel

Well Known Member
Picked up one of these before Osh. at Wal-Mart.

This thing was a life saver on Saturday night when the temps were so hot and humid.

I ran this thing on high at least 25 hours while I was there camping on 2 D cells!

02_cool_desktop_fan_2.JPG

nice

Actually was looking at the small fans that run on a usb cable.

Going to do a little research and find a decent compact usb fan AND, find a great usb battery pack. Some people had ones that would charge an ipad, and phone dozens of times. How great would that be to have a compact battery pack to recharge that stuff all week (no need to use the charging station) and have a fan running in the tent! I have a few of the cheap $10 ones but they dont charge up enough stuff. I want one heavy duty one.

Anyone have a good pirep on the battery packs post! Sportys had a decent one but think it was $129. Yikes. :eek:

Last edited:
My wife got me a little round one that runs on AAs or USB power. It does a great job for its size, but will suck four AA cells down pretty much dry overnight. Of course I only took one USB charger along for the phone. Next time... well, next time I'll stay somewhere with air conditioning!

I bought two 10Ahr LiPos on Amazon for under $50 total. They each have 2 USB ports so you can charge two devices at once. If I come across the ordering info I'll post it.

like this

This is the type of thing that would be great.... Would love a non bias review.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V5X1CE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

Looking for a reliable back up for the ipad full size as running foreflight and stratus kill the battery and cig lighters dont seem to work. Also on trips like osh, sure would beat sitting at the hbc charging building or shower trailer plugs!

Anyone have one that is a quality battery at a good price that has worked well please post. I am sure a bunch would buy it.

508076-20121004231327-coleman-cool-zephyr-tent-fan.jpg

got one of these but never turned it on. We arrived Monday and temperature dropped quite a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V5X1CE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

Looking for a reliable back up for the ipad full size as running foreflight and stratus kill the battery and cig lighters dont seem to work. Also on trips like osh, sure would beat sitting at the hbc charging building or shower trailer plugs!

Anyone have one that is a quality battery at a good price that has worked well please post. I am sure a bunch would buy it.

I picked up one of these at Tractor Supply right before I left for Osh for less than $20 bucks. It is rated at 10,000mAh capacity and has 2 ports one 1.0 amp and one 2.1 amp.

Justin-Powerbank-1.jpg

It worked fine for Osh. I used it to charge my LG G3 which has a 3000mAh battery inside. At most I would say it would charge it ~2.5 times.

It takes about 10-12 hrs to charge it back up.

Rav power packs

I have a couple and they seem to work fine. I use one for the iFly,.. Like it better than the battery that came with it,.. In fact the Rav power unit is more than two of the original packs. (And was cheaper than one) That one has both a 12 v and Usb outlets,... I had to spend just a few more bucks for an adapter for the 12 v line. The other i use as backup for the ipad,... It sucks the battery if we use it,.. So a backup is needed for cross country.

One warning,... They Can get confused on which outlet is which amperage,...(had voltagev/usb right)

But overall i'm satisfied. I like the charge level indicator, and shutoff when fully charged.

508076-20121004231327-coleman-cool-zephyr-tent-fan.jpg

got one of these but never turned it on. We arrived Monday and temperature dropped quite a bit.

I have one and with fresh batteries, I ran it every night for 5 nights at Osh and it worked great. Nice and quiet too. Still had batteri life too.

I have three kids who are absolutely addicted to their electronics, and I've now bought six of the RAVpower battteries. All of mine are newer (13,000 or 14,000 capacity) but I've gotten excellent, reliable service out of them.

They seem to come up with a newer model every few months with slightly larger capacity, but then the "old" one dips below $30 on Amazon which is where I buy them. You can easily run an iPhone for a week with very heavy use, or an iPad for a couple of days. By "heavy use" I mean hours at a time while on an airplane or in an airport watching videos or gaming 16+ hours a day.

Highly recommended :)

thanks

Thanks James.

Here is what i picked and ordered.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MPIGQB2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

For a few reasons.
1. You must have output over 2.4amps ideally over 3. amps to charge a full size ipad.
2. Enough juice to do a few good charges. I have a few of the small 3500 type packs and they are ok for a phone but both the amount of power and the output being 2.1 or lower...no good.
3. price and size that make it easy to buy/carry.

Sportys had a nice one but it was $150...thats no good for the type of think i want. Will see if this one works out well.

Back