What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SOLD - Tires 5:00 x 5 4-ply Desser Retreads

ljpappas

Well Known Member
Tires have been SOLD. Thank You

I bought these tires to put on my B-model Waiex but had my off-field desert landing before I installed them. They have been sitting in the hangar ever since. I was going to use them on my new signed-off RV7-A however, I realized that I need 6-ply tires for the 7, which I just bought from Desser.

That leaves me with (2) unused 4-ply Desser retreads, that wear like iron, work great on a Sonex, (or other light sport), and can fit in the Sonex wheel pants. Cost me $186 including shipping. Does anyone need a pair of new tires for only $120 plus shipping?

I have been using Desser retreads on both of my Waiex's and my RV-8, and now the RV7-A, since 2007. They weigh a couple of pounds more than the Chen Shin types but they last forever.

Last edited:
I bought these tires to put on my B-model Waiex but had my off-field desert landing before I installed them. They have been sitting in the hangar ever since. I was going to use them on my new signed-off RV7-A however, I realized that I need 6-ply tires for the 7, which I just bought from Desser.

That leaves me with (2) unused 4-ply Desser retreads, that wear like iron, work great on a Sonex, (or other light sport), and can fit in the Sonex wheel pants. Cost me $186 including shipping. Does anyone need a pair of new tires for only $120 plus shipping?

I have been using Desser retreads on both of my Waiex's and my RV-8, and now the RV7-A, since 2007. They weigh a couple of pounds more than the Chen Shin types but they last forever.
I'm interested. Any reason I couldn't use them on my RV-3B or RV-4? Why does theRV-7A need 6-ply tires?

Finn

I'm interested. Any reason I couldn't use them on my RV-3B or RV-4? Why does theRV-7A need 6-ply tires?

Finn
I think they would be good on the 3 or 4. The 7-A has a gross weight of 1800 Lbs. The 4-ply tire has a max weight of 800 per tire. So the 7 is too heavy for these. The RV3 has a gross weight limit of 1100 lbs so these would work great for that. The RV4 has a gross weight limit of 1500 lbs so these tires would work great on the 4 as well. Remember, some of the aircraft weight is carried by the tailwheel or nosewheel which further reduces the load carried by the tires even farther below their rated limit. Let me know if you can use them.

I seem to remember that I need a street address to get an accurate shipping quote from USPS. Please send that via text. I PM'd my # to you Sunday. Thanks,

If this sale fails contact me.
Thanks,Mike

Back