What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skybolt Dimensions Help

blueflyer

Well Known Member
Is there a tutorial out there to help me understand:
1) what length skybolt fastener I should purchase and
2) what is the grip length defined as? (pictures are worth a thousand words for my peon brain)

I want to understand how to measure my cowl thickness and figure out which skybolt to buy.

Skybolt already has them kitted for the popular rv configurations. The tutorials are on the skybolt website.

Just order the kit for your airplane and where you want to put them. No need to overthink it. The sockets are depth adjustable

Depth

Skybolt already has them kitted for the popular rv configurations. The tutorials are on the skybolt website.

Just order the kit for your airplane and where you want to put them. No need to overthink it. The sockets are depth adjustable

That's true for the standard areas.
If you modify, longer studs may be required. I had to order eight for the nose modification on mine.
All of them are standard except for the eight across the inlets.
By the way, the cheapest way to order is kits. Their prices on individual parts will really hurt the credit card. Figure out how many you want and buy the kit(s). It's good to have extra.
I wrote a three part article series in Kitplanes that covers Skybolts as well. Links on my blog. Below.
20221028_160215.jpg

Last edited:
well thats a relief. I didnt realize this. Thanks!

Back