What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service Bulletin Fix in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one who found a very small crack in my right elevator spar. We called Van's 3 times to get their advice. We were told to just replace the spar and put it back together the way it was originally designed. We asked about ideas about how to strengthen and they did not think it was necessary.

So we rebuilt and repainted the elevator at a cost of well over $1000 and the plane was down for a month.

Now they come out with an SB for a patch that does not require disassembly that would have been a simple and fast fix for us. Plus it strengthens the attach points in the process.

Don't get me wrong, thrilled that they got around to this. Just wish they would have given us this option when we originally asked.

Done venting, I still love my RV7a and Vans!

I understand your frustration Bill, but chances are pretty high that when you talked to Vans that there wasn't a change being worked on at that time. Awareness of the problem hit the streets more than 4 months ago. If you began working to repair your elevator shortly after that, the SB and recommended repair was many more months away than the one month you spent making repairs to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back