What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Search limitations with new VAF site

PaulvS

Well Known Member
Trying to search for terms like "engine sag" or "Garmin G5" the software rejects the two or three letter terms because they are too short/long/common and returns irrelevant results instead. Is there a possible technique or tweak to the software, or do we need to go back to using Google? (I hope not!) Longer search terms seem to work fine.

1. The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: g5

Reactions: Pip
I use google for all my various forums search function. I just put " Van's Air Force ........"

Last edited:
Thanks, I was hoping to be able to use the search function in the new site, rather than Google. I know how to use Google with VAF however it has limitations too, so it would be better to be able to use the website search. But right now, three letters or less is an obstacle. There are a lot of TLA's in aviation.

Reactions: Pip
Agreed, the internal search function is not ideal.

I used to search by Part number F-XXX to fink appropriate tips\links, now I get a message "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

The current forum search has a minimum word length of 4, it needs to be 3, it's on the list somewhere ...

Back