What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB-00043 install during construction?

BruceW

Well Known Member
Per RV-14 page 9-20 Rev-1 instructions, I installed the proseal goo along the elevator rear spar.
(Not a big problem. Must have been lucky)
Started to place the fillet at the spar end where the "DO NOT RIVET YET" portions lie. (1 area on each elevator)
I figured these areas need to be lifted to rivet later, so I quickly cleaned the goo off that segment, and avoided the other "no rivet" segment.

With subsequent install of the forward spar assembly, the "no rivet" segments get completed.
No mention of installing a proseal bead along those segments in the instructions.
Am I correct in assuming that a second round of goo is needed to complete SB-00043 in those segments ???

(Yes, I did a limited forum search before posting.)

Am I correct in assuming that a second round of goo is needed to complete SB-00043 in those segments ???
I think the "second round" you're wondering about is described on pg 09-24 (Rev 2), Step 5:
Step 5: Apply tank sealant to the region where the E-00907-L-1/-R-1 Rear Spars meet the skins, in the outboard bay of each elevator.

And watch 09-23, rev1 has the steps out of order, should be 2 after 3 and 7 after 8. At least that's how I did it and had access for the top inboard elevator skin and skin rivets. If you close that up, it looks like it'd be hard to get to.

Back