What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 EXP with EFii

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hi everyone. A most of you know, we have a FWF hose package for the RV14 EFii that was prototyped a while back. That prototype wasnt complete with the snorkle, that most of you know was creating some issues with the #2 cylinder oil drain. Well--turns out that the crossover hose from cylinder 1 to cylinder 2 is having some issues too.
On the prototype, its fit was just fine, but the snorkle wasnt in place. With the snorkle installed, its a completely different routing. So we have a couple of choices here. 1) would be to have the client wait until the snorkel is installed ( temporarily) to determine the best configuration for that aircraft, 2) to find a RV14 under construction within reasonable distance to go see and to a mockup, or 3) to halt those kits until we have more definate data.
I dont want to do #3, #1 may vary from plane to plane, and #2 is the more likely solution.

I spent yesterday with the staff at Synergy Air South in Newnan, Ga, settting up a RV10 SDS FWF system. This works well---LOL except the 4.5 hours drive each way. Would have stayed over, but we have this OSH thing to pack for. So---let me put this out===If there is a RV14EXP EFii builder some where in SC, GA, NC, or northern Florida that ould allow us to visit to to a mockup, please let us know. Everything else is in place for this kit. We may be able to this via email, but having eyes on target just seems to work out well---like the case with Synergy yesterday.

Let me know.

Tom

Other vendors take note

This sort of exemplary customer service is what Aircraft Specialty Flightlines is known for. When we were building our SDS equipped RV-10 over at Synergy Air South, Tom made the drive from Ridgeland more than once to take measurements and offer suggestions to me and other builders there. He also took the risk ;) of flying over with me in our RV-7A (also equipped with many of their lines) - when I was in a bind and needed some help with oil and fuel lines.

Tom and Steve are the gold standard for customer service and quality products.

Tom, I'm sorry I forgot you were going to SAS yesterday. You could have stayed over with Annie and I.

Last edited:
This is the exact configuration I plan on using. However, I have yet to get my engine. I hope someone nearby is able to help.

Hi Krea----its cool, and I really needed to get back to finish up preps for driving to OSH :eek: with some exhibit stuff in the camper.
Synergy South has a good staff, and working with Abbey was fun. Apparently she'll be doing the SDS installs, so thats the reason for the trip. Weather was IFR all the way home yesterday, raining so hard you couldnt see the road. Little voice said get off the interstate and sit for a while (some of you know who I'm talking about).
So spending the morning playing catch up.

Tom

Thanks

Thanks Tom for all your hard work to get things right .

I’m running into problems with my hoses as I moved on to wiring .

I’m doing the Rv7a with IO-390 exp119 efiii system 32 dual batteries dual alternators

The oil return line I got as a kit have several bends and I had to route 2 of them up and around by the fuel rail

The fuel lines I got as a kit on the feed and return in the tunnel have a few bends and take up space in the tunnel which limits me on wire runs

Problem I’m having is keeping the wiring spaced apart and room for the wires .

I think it will work and function but just needs cleaned up on hose lengths

Back