What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the "Wait, what Season is it?" Richland Trip

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
Friday 10/6/23 was a crazy day around here. On the east side, on the west side, even at the coast, it was 80 degrees everywhere. This is very confusing because my calendar says it's fall. Most years at this time, there would be at least a trace of snow in the higher mountains, but not this year.

Since the conditions were nearly ideal, not too cloudy, not too windy, not too hot, Carl and I decided to go to Richland for lunch. It was a nice trip, but on the one hand, I can't catch a break with my cameras. They all worked the whole trip, but just before entering the pattern at Richland I took a bug to the lens of the wing camera. I didn't notice it at the stop, so the footage from it was basically useless the whole way back. On the other hand, I seem to have once again forgotten how to land. For some reason, I have never been able to make a decent landing at Richland, no matter what I was flying. Unfortunately, the one at home wasn't much, if any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BXzU9jVo4

Back