What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 metal prop

PHOTO01

Hello all! Looking to get some advice on a solid metal fixed-pitch propeller for a RV-6 equipped with a Lycoming O-360. Currently leaning towards a Sensenich product but I don’t know what I don’t know.. Thanks in advance!

Hello all! Looking to get some advice on a solid metal fixed-pitch propeller for a RV-6 equipped with a Lycoming O-360. Currently leaning towards a Sensenich product but I don’t know what I don’t know.. Thanks in advance!
If you are looking for a solid aluminum propeller for an 0–360, the one offered by Sensenich is really the only thing available that will have the proper pitch for an RV-6.
There are other suitable propellers if it doesn’t have to be aluminum.

Do you need it immediately? I'm converting from Sensenich FP to CS in March. Currently flying on my 360 RV7 now. Will include, spacer, bolts and polished Sensenich spinner that I'll be offering for sale when the conversion is done.

Attachments

• PXL_20231226_192414247.jpg
    PXL_20231226_192414247.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Definitely doesn’t have to be aluminum but after some issues with wood we are looking to upgrade and find a more reliable and well-used medium. Appreciate the advice from all!

Definitely doesn’t have to be aluminum but after some issues with wood we are looking to upgrade and find a more reliable and well-used medium. Appreciate the advice from all!
I have one on my 6A, and like it.
Now you just have to decide which pitch value you want.
Here is a recent thread discussing that subject.

I have a Sensenich Prop model 72FM8S-16-1-85 for sale. $2,500. Its made for the RV 6/7/8 Lycoming 0-360/180HP engine. I THINK I have a spinner for it as well. If you are interested, PM me and we can discuss it.

Back