What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudders Pedals Sticking, would this help?

I will try to get a PM out with the info.

I will try to get a PM out with the info contained in the post just above this, letting the people that responded with a request for bolts what the Promotion details are.

We could only get 120 of the bolts so it will be first come first serve.

I will make an effort to get more when a sell out looks imminent, but this vendor sold me what they could.

Get em while they are Hot!

Well warm at least;), they will be here in about a week.:cool:

I sent PM's

I sent PM's to all who were on the list and requested some bolts.

Remember at this time it is first come first serve.

On any order we gaet beyond what we foun immediatly availaible we will make efforts to keep the same price whenever possible and supply the product as soon as they become available.

Right now it looks like I can supply 120 peices, if everyone orders 4 that would be 30 sets.

It's happening.......

Better get ready for the phone to start ringing!!!

We are getting calls already.:)

Please place your order online if at all possible.:):)

If not be patient it is always pretty busy here.;)

Thanks again,

Got mine ordered.

Tom, the lady who answers the phone is wonderful. Helpful, pleasant.

She even put up with me!!!

Tell her so.

Thanks for putting this together for us.

UPDATE.

I see the orders for the bolts are still coming into the webstore.

Update, the bolts should be in Thursday or Friday, Dec. 6th or 7th.

I will have some left as it looks right now, but not too many.

Thanks for using Genuine Aircraft Hardware :cool:

Thanks

Ordered 4 today. Thanks for doing this.

Vic

Thanks Vic, you and the RV Crew are most welcome.

It has been a big success, we have committed almost all that we found available at this time.

I will need to find some more, I did not save any for myself and I know with all the RV's out there they will be needed.

I will be closing the promotion 12/7/2007 at 11:00 am California Time.

After that I will be taking Back orders at the regular price.

The reason for that is, I am not yest able to determine my FUTURE costs of the AN3-56's at this time

I will be posting further details of this item and possible future promotions.

Have the good weekend.

Last edited:
Posted to wrong thread!

My post about making rudder pedal extensions was meant to be added to an earlier discussion about riding the brakes. I certainly didn't mean to direct this discussion a different way. I just didn't pay attention to the content just the title. I think Tom's bolts are a great idea and will need four of them when they are available for my own plane to go with my pedals . Back order is OK since I don't need them right away. Thanks

(Your post has been mover to the correct thread. Mike Starkey)

Last edited by a moderator:
More Info

The reason for that is, I am not yest able to determine my FUTURE costs of the AN3-56's at this time

Have the good weekend.

CLARIFICATION:confused:

We had to discontinue (JUST) the price promotion as we sold all 120 and the next lot at this time has an undermined cost.

We will accept orders for the un discounted amount and the same code (PEDALS) will still get people a free book with there order of AN3-56's

We will try to keep y'all posted.

Last edited:
We appreciate it.

My bolts just arrived via the big brown truck!!!

Thanks, Tom.

Que' bueno Amigo, as the say here in California.

Did you get your book too?

Hope we added value to your aviation experience.

Thanks for getting back to us.

O.K., so I have had a chance to cruise through the book.

I am impressed. Really goooooooood presentation of tech info.

This is headed out to the hanger for perm use as a reference Manuel.

Thanks for including it in my order.

Allan is pointing builders in the right direction.

In reality there is no credible evidence to suggest that the long bolt technique actually prevents inadvertent and irreversible activation of the brakes. Sure, it's a cheap and fast solution...but it probably won't make any real difference.

In the end the Vans supplied Matco hydraulic actuators are really struggling to come back to their fully open position....short bolt....or long bolt.

However, the booster spring with adjustable collar solves the problem completely.

I am posting a picture of my installation (standard bolts) with booster springs. There is NO WAY that my system will not come back to zero brake pressure. And I can easily adjust the spring tension to determine the amount of force I need to activate the brake pedals. No chance of riding the brakes with this set-up.

You can click on the image for a larger, higher rez photo.

The springs look like a terrific idea, but, man, is there not a way to get those brake lines out of your way? That sure looks like the lines would take a lot of abuse from your shoes. I would think that something could be done to get those lines to transition on the back side of the rudder peddles, instead of at the front.

Tom

Still taking back orders?

It has been a big success, we have committed almost all that we found available at this time.

I will need to find some more, I did not save any for myself and I know with all the RV's out there they will be needed.

Have the good weekend.

Thanks for this promotion, Tom. I just came across it and am working on my pedals. Are you taking any more orders for the future?

If so, I would like to order four. Thanks,

Gary Baker
RV-6
Medina, OH

Order them up!

Thanks for this promotion, Tom. I just came across it and am working on my pedals. Are you taking any more orders for the future?

If so, I would like to order four. Thanks,

Gary Baker
RV-6
Medina, OH

Send em on in!

We will be making efforts to get more, if we can't we will notify you.
I expect a lead time of 3 weeks, to 5 months, it all depends.

Dont forget to order your book and then put in the promostion code "pedals" and it will adjust it down to $0.00 for the book.:)

Long brake bolts.

Just saw this thread. I want 4 bolts. Looks much better than the short bolts. Hope I am not too late, if so will work with back order. Do I need to go to your site and place order and reference anything?

Dennis Conner VAF 471
RV7A
Finishing second wing
QB fuse sitting in hanger calling my name

Aim for the open field.

Thanks for the info! (from old thread)

Just saw this thread. I want 4 bolts. Looks much better than the short bolts. Hope I am not too late, if so will work with back order. Do I need to go to your site and place order and reference anything?

Dennis Conner VAF 471
RV7A
Finishing second wing
QB fuse sitting in hanger calling my name

Aim for the open field.

Thanks, I will copy this into post HERE

That (this) is where I am keeping track of them now.

Last edited:
Back