What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Roll trim calibration

bob888

Well Known Member
I have Vans aileron trim with VP-X and displaying on G3X. The neutral position shown on the G3X screen is off. Is there a way to recalibrate the display to correctly show the neutral position?

Are you using the VPX or GEA 24 to control and display the trim? If so, one or the other must be disabled. As far as I remember the center point is a function of the endpoints divided by 2. Possibly you could increase the value for the appropriate end point to center the indication?

Are you using the VPX or GEA 24 to control and display the trim? If so, one or the other must be disabled. As far as I remember the center point is a function of the endpoints divided by 2. Possibly you could increase the value for the appropriate end point to center the indication?
Thanks Bill. I’ll try your suggestion.

The solution is even more simple than that.
Your VPX is most likely handling your trim functions, all you need to do is connect your laptop to the VPX and open up the configuration program.
On the roll trim page, at the bottom it shows current position.
Once you are happy with what you consider zero trim, simply type that number into the "neutral point" box above and select update.
You can even move it L/R directly from the screen.
When installing that trim, you have to be perfect at marking center and then marking your spring mounts.
Anything off center even the slightest can move those ailerons.
Lloyd

The solution is even more simple than that.
Your VPX is most likely handling your trim functions, all you need to do is connect your laptop to the VPX and open up the configuration program.
On the roll trim page, at the bottom it shows current position.
Once you are happy with what you consider zero trim, simply type that number into the "neutral point" box above and select update.
You can even move it L/R directly from the screen.
When installing that trim, you have to be perfect at marking center and then marking your spring mounts.
Anything off center even the slightest can move those ailerons.
Lloyd
Thanks Lloyd. I hadn’t realized I could scale it like that with the VPX. One of my springs got overstretched thus the unequal tension. It is the outboard spring and I can!t see a good way to replace it as the outboard hookup is inaccessible.

Back