What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rocket II build so far...

the4ork

here is what my dad and i have done so far, its not much to look at but this is the trailing tail spar and elevator hinges...

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137-1.jpg

Last edited:
Tail Jig... when i start riveting the ribs on... and rivet squeezer behind it, alot with the rest of the parts on the shelves
IMG_0126.jpg

my models i have hanging... and the mood lighting lol
IMG_0132.jpg

gotta have lots of the best tools... dewalt drills are awesome since they have my last name on them :p
no affiliation tho... but good for non-pnuematic drilling
IMG_0133.jpg

a little QC..

Looks like you might have a couple of holes with less than ideal ED -- possibly where the center ribs rivet to the aft spar -- or are those simple pen marks? If those are holes, can you confirm 1/4" edge to center?

Loads are kinda high in that particular area (center hinge bracket)....be careful!

Also: we recommend using the elev spars to place the pivot brackets on the spar (F1 elev spars are pre-drilled). You will have to go thru this process backwards to be sure the elevs will actually fit your H Stab -- so measure carefully, after you drill the elev horn to the spar, and bolt this sub-assy to the center pivot, with the correct washers in place. Fit the tip ribs at this point, also.

I can fix you up with directions on a few F1 style mods if you're interested.

Carry on!
Mark

that would be great...

we made an error... accidently drilled a hole for the hinge bracket before fitting it, after fitting the bracket the hole didnt line up, so there were two holes right next to eachother that were connected = bad

so we reordered the parts to start over again :mad:

Back