What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

registration time- LLC question

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Let me preface this by saying that I understand that an LLC doesn't protect me from personal liability. However, for personal reasons an LLC ownership situation looks like it probably makes sense in my particular case.

The question is; my builder number is under my personal name, and I've got a registration reserved, also under my personal name.

Presumably I can ask Vans to just issue the bill of sale to an LLC that I own, but what's the process for getting the reserved registration changed over?

I think it's probably pretty simple, but they again, it's the Government, so there's that...

Let me preface this by saying that I understand that an LLC doesn't protect me from personal liability. However, for personal reasons an LLC ownership situation looks like it probably makes sense in my particular case.

The question is; my builder number is under my personal name, and I've got a registration reserved, also under my personal name.

Presumably I can ask Vans to just issue the bill of sale to an LLC that I own, but what's the process for getting the reserved registration changed over?

I think it's probably pretty simple, but they again, it's the Government, so there's that...

It’s actually pretty simple. You will need to write a letter to the registration branch asking to release the registration number to ABC LLC. Then ABC LLC will request it (another $10 as I recall) and that part is done.

In the interest of time, you might want to engage one of the OKC escrow companies (fairly inexpensive - a couple hundred dollars?). Unless time is no issue. In that case, call the registration branch and get the exact process they’d like for you to follow.

Back