What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Real lead times

riobison

Well Known Member
I need 4 new cylinders for a lycoming O320 D2A for my 9A. From 2 engine shops for 2 months I have been told my cylinders will be arriving next week and they haven't. The story's are always changing so I don't believe a word from anyone at this point in time.

Any real time experiences?

Thanks

Tim

I need 4 new cylinders for a lycoming O320 D2A for my 9A. From 2 engine shops for 2 months I have been told my cylinders will be arriving next week and they haven't. The story's are always changing so I don't believe a word from anyone at this point in time.

Any real time experiences?

Thanks

Tim

I purchased a new O-320 cylinder from Aircraft Spruce a few months back. No issues, came overnight. Perhaps expand your search to some additional vendors, and you'll have some luck.

I don't know if yours is a wide or narrow deck motor but I can tell you that I've been waiting five months for narrow deck O-360 Superior cylinders. I've called most of the major vendors and when pushed, all say the same thing - they are unicorns (at the current time). Aircraft Specialties started me with the "two week" game. After a few of those I started pushing and got what seems to be the real answer (we have no idea when we will have them available).

For Sale, Brand new Millenium cyls for a O320 D2A wide dec

Wow, now after 2 months I have 2 calls 15 mins apart from 2 different shops.

Now I have 2 sets of cylinders.

If anyone needs a new set of Millenium cyls for a O320 D2A wide deck, let me know.

Thanks

Tim

Back