What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB RV7A IO360 B1E

Bellyj

I'm New Here
Hi All,
I’m a complete novice and I’m building a QB7A. Ive got the Finishing Kit and was planning on a new IO360 M1B horizontal Induction engine and VP prop. I’ve been offered a 1000hr IO360 B1E which would save me many $$’s. Assuming the engine is sound, what would i need to consider for this engine to be a good alternative power plant? I understand that they use the same Dynofocal mounts but the B1E has a rear mounted fuel servo instead of a front mounted one. Is it possible or easy to change the sump to a front facing type and could the same servo be used? I have the horizontal intake style cowling so don’t really want to change to a vertical intake.
Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jason

New oil sump

Yes, you can change to a forward facing sump and it´s possible to use
the same fuel servo. To be able to save $, you have to be sure the engine
is in good condition. Get a A/P have a look att the engine and the paperwork.

Good luck.

New intake/sump

Yes, that’d be an easy swap to change it out to a forward facing intake/sump. I’m not sure how much of a hurry you’re in, but I have a brand new one that’ll be coming off of my 390 in the near future that I’ll sell to you. I’m installing a cold air intake so I won’t be needing the stock intake/sump. You can send me a PM if it’s something you may be interested in.

Evening. Having done nothing with my used IO360 B1E for a year, i’ve now purchased a forward facing sump p/n LW 13864 and induction tubes to change it from rear induction. My question is does the fuel servo have to be modified in any way to allow it to be front mounted? The engine and cowling are horizontal induction not vertical. Would the Vans FWF kit work with this modification? Thanks

Back