What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

private message

how to send private message on this site?

Click on a user name and then click "Start Conversation."

PM.jpg

The Start Conversation button isn't showing up for everyone apparently.
You mentioned in a message to me one case where someone was having trouble seeing/using/finding the "Start Conversation" button, are there other cases or just this one?

Anyone experiencing this please post here or if you know someone experiencing this have them post in this thread.

There's no setting that prevents conversations, other than perhaps if an email address returned undeliverable in which case the system may limit the account as suspicious.

You mentioned in a message to me one case where someone was having trouble seeing/using/finding the "Start Conversation" button, are there other cases or just this one?

Anyone experiencing this please post here or if you know someone experiencing this have them post in this thread.

I've emailed media@vansaircraft several times with no reply. So I tried to start a conversation with Greg Hughes here instead.

His account has no "Start conversation" link.

GH.jpg

There's no setting that prevents conversations, other than perhaps if an email address returned undeliverable in which case the system may limit the account as suspicious.

I misinterpreted what you wrote above. I took this to mean users couldn't disable conversations. I didn't take the few seconds needed to look at my own account settings to verify.

When you don't see a "Start Conversation" button it means the user has conversations disabled.
Ah, so if it's someone posting an ad who has one post on the site, and they've gone to the trouble to disable conversations, then it's probably a scam...

Back