What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Preferred FBO at KCMH?

Well Known Member
Hey guys, my employer has a plant in Columbus, OH that I will need to visit occasionally. When possible, I plan to fly in so as to maximize my time on site while minimizing the need for overnight stays.

AOPA lists two FBOs, Lane Aviation and Landmark, at CMH. I'd like to hear about your recommendations as to service and cost, specifically how you have been treated with a small GA plane.

Other options in the Columbus area including KOSU are possible, but my destination is very close to CMH, such that a very short taxi ride will suffice to get me there.

Any thoughts?

Hey guys, my employer has a plant in Columbus, OH that I will need to visit occasionally. When possible, I plan to fly in so as to maximize my time on site while minimizing the need for overnight stays.

AOPA lists two FBOs, Lane Aviation and Landmark, at CMH. I'd like to hear about your recommendations as to service and cost, specifically how you have been treated with a small GA plane.

Other options in the Columbus area including KOSU are possible, but my destination is very close to CMH, such that a very short taxi ride will suffice to get me there.

Any thoughts?

Dave,

I'm sure that you'll get great service from either FBO. Lane has a much longer history at CMH than Landmark does. There are very few of us here in central Ohio that actually use these FBOs because there are less expensive options elsewhere, although probably not at KOSU either. You'll need to go to KTZR, KLHQ, or KDLZ to get less expensive fuel and services.

Let me know when you're coming to town. I work at the Columbus Regional Airport Authority and have a flying RV-10 based at KDLZ. I see that you are building a RV-10. You should make some time to visit Geoff at Aerosport Products. He's a short drive from CMH. There are four flying RV-10s in the area.

bob

Dave,

I'm sure that you'll get great service from either FBO. Lane has a much longer history at CMH than Landmark does. There are very few of us here in central Ohio that actually use these FBOs because there are less expensive options elsewhere, although probably not at KOSU either. You'll need to go to KTZR, KLHQ, or KDLZ to get less expensive fuel and services.

Let me know when you're coming to town. I work at the Columbus Regional Airport Authority and have a flying RV-10 based at KDLZ. I see that you are building a RV-10. You should make some time to visit Geoff at Aerosport Products. He's a short drive from CMH. There are four flying RV-10s in the area.

bob

Bob, thanks for the offer! I'll definitely be in touch next time I make it out your way. I could practically walk from CMH to my destination, but maybe I'll look into the other places as well, especially if I have to make an overnight stay anyway.

Back