What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Places to fly/drive in Nova Scotia

Kupde

Patron
I’m planning a trip from Nevada through Canada this month. Wondering if anyone has some good advice on where to stay and what to see/ fly to in Nova Scotia

Kevin

RV-10

CYHZ

Halifax is a fun city and Gateway FBO is wonderful. Crew cars available too. The airport is a ways out of town so don’t take a cab. The Wx in the Maritimes can be “interesting “.

+1 for Halifax. Had many a layover there I can't remember. Thank god there were no camera phones back then.

Mixture of Cajuns and Irish, great food, great music, friendly people. Grab a beer at the Lower Deck, https://lowerdeck.ca/ Be ready to dance. Great city for walking, too.

My wife & I just spent several weeks up in Nova Scotia this summer.

In Halifax, plan a few hours at Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, fantastic museum. There is a touristy area on the harbour, next to Maritime Museum, also old fort (Halifax Citadel) that is walkable from downtown. Take the ferry back\forth the harbor for few bucks and pleasant ride. If you take the ferry over to the Alderney ferry port go to Humble Pies (77 King St, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 2R7, Canada) for some great meat pies.

We did some Halifax hiking, I highly recommend the Salt Marsh Trail, especially on a foggy morning, very surreal, flat hiking across the bay on an old railway bed.

If you have access to a car, some great hiking at "Kejimkujik National Park", we camped there for about a week, lots of trail to explore and canoes you can rent.

Enjoy your trip

Back