What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Partner Search - RV-7A - DC Area

Capflyer

Well Known Member
It has been a tough year for a few of us myself included. As a commissioned salesman the past year has been pretty lean leaving me a choice of selling my plane or finding a partner.

My RV7A is based and hangered at Montgomery Airpark in Gaithersburg, MD. It is fully IFR with a Garmin GNS480, Dual GRT Horizon EFIS, and TT DGII VSGV, Garmin SL40, 327GTX, and PS7000 along with other necessary stuff like switches. Mattituck TMX IO360 with dual Lightspeed II ignitions, SJ plenum, all electric. The plane is currently in the process of being painted.

225hrs total time over the last 17 months on everything and she flies like a dream.

If you are interested send me a private email to capflyer071 at yahoo

Keeping the search alive. Here's a picture of the fully coupled IFR panel that makes this plane very versatile. After arriving at your destination from an stress free IMC x/c, you can finish off with a few loops and rolls before landing.

2w35oxk.jpg

Wow, that's a beauty, Mike! Wish I still lived in DC ...

-- Chris

P.S. Is that restaurant on the field at GAI still in business?

hi mike!

wish you good luck with finding a partner!
it definitely makes a lot of things easier, more bearable and also more enjoyable.
a very good way to go!

glad we have such a good partnership going over here...

do you have pictures of your paint scheme that you settled on?

cu bernie

hope you'll make it to osh?!

do you have pictures of your paint scheme that you settled on?

cu bernie

hope you'll make it to osh?!

Hey Bernie, Hopefully I have the painting done by the weekend's end then I'll post some pictures. It is a combo of polish and paint.

Karen and I will definitely be making our annual trip to Oshkosh and once again with our group in the North 40. This year there will be 3 RV's out there as part of our group along with the usual 8 or so spam cans. We'll probably move the RVs for a day out to the "RV Ocean". You want to camp with us? I could also probably arrange a ride for you with one of the guys back and forth from DC.

Chris - Yup, the Airpark Cafe is still here. It is the mandatory meeting spot for all us airport junkies on the weekends. They just opened the deck for the season this past weekend so we enjoyed our brunch watching the airport traffic in the warm breeze under the big umbrellas.

hi mike,

awesome, waiting for pictures then :)

great to see you, karen and the others at osh then.
i'm not big into camping and have a dorm at u of wi @osh this year (no rental car). i will have plenty of time to hang out, though :)

i'll be in georgia for transition training @pierre smith before flying commercial into appleton on the 28th, arriving in the afternoon. leaving saturday noon 1st of aug. all the flights are booked already, so no detour via d.c. unfortunately :-( looking forward to see you guys!

cu bernie

Back