What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parker for fuel and oil hoses

Tomas J

I'm planning to make new hoses for my 4. I've previously made them using Aeroquip 303, but this time I'm looking at Parker and trying to find the right ones in their range. Does anyone have experience with their hoses for fuel and oil? Can Aeroquip's fittings be used with Parker's hoses?

If youre using H8794 hose---the black cotton covered rubber line hose, then Stratoflex 111 is the equilvent to the Aeroquip 303, and yes you can use the Aeroquip fittings on the Stratoflex hose. ( They are all produced to Mil-Spec to be fully interchangeable).

Tom

Why not just give Tom the business? You can't do better than hoses made by his company!

-Marc

Call Tom as TS Flightlines. His knowledge of RV’s and hoses needed are spot on.
And prices are very reasonable.

843-271-2329

110%. Just call Tom @ TS FLIGHTLINES

Never again will I build hoses …..Tom can NOT beat beat for product ,prices, and customer service

Yes, I'm aware of Tom's highly appreciated service. My thoughts on doing it myself are that I've done it before and already have all the fittings. Additionally, there's a considerable distance between Tom and me, living in Scandinavia, and shipping has become expensive.

Thanks, Tom, for your response... I started looking for Teflon hoses for better longevity, but the price discouraged me. What would be your recommendation for me? I need a hose that is safely resistant to mogas since I use it in one tank and fly on it except during takeoff and landing. Nowadays, you can't be sure that mogas doesn't contain ethanol, so the hose also needs to resist ethanol.

Tomas----303 or 111 doesnt really like mogas, or fuel with ethanol. NOT because we build teflon, but teflon is impervious to the chemicals used in aerospace, industry, bio-med, and most things. So it just makes sense to use it. And no service life.
You can still build your own with reusable hose ends, but obviously the ones you currently have cant be used. I would imagine that there is an outlet in Stockholm if you want to try that. Earls or Goodridge are excellent for use in experimentals. Talk to your inspector FIRST to see if they will approve you doing it. (YES--its important!! and there is a precedent for me saying that).

Or as stated, we can help you out.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'll get back to you via email with the hoses I need so that you can provide me with a price.

Back