What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-Mag replacement for Bendix 2000 & 3000 series ?

airtractor8

Well Known Member
Friend
Does anyone know if E-Magair intend on developing a P-Mag replacement for the Bendix 2000 & 3000 series single drive dualpac mags?

I think the new Lycoming light sport engine runs a single drive, "dual" Pmag unit as the factory ignition system.

Just talked to Brad

Yes they are and have been for about 3 years. No estimate on when they would be available but it didn't sound like it would be another 3 years. They are building the 6 cylinder version first.

Thanks for the info guys. I will be one of the first customers when the four cylinder model is released.

I just asked the E-mag guys this question last week. Here is their response:

Hi Mark:

We have made a great deal of progress but are still finalizing the design. The first version to go into test and production will be a six cylinder model, primarily because when we first operate the dual version, it necessarily requires converting both sides. It will be more prudent to test on one side first.

Keep watching the web site, as we hope to have more data to post before too long.

Kindest Regards,

Brad Dement
E-MAG Ignitions

Back