What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oregon Aero vs Classic Aero

DBone

Well Known Member
I searched the forumns but came up empty looking for a good comparison of Classic Aero vs Oregon Aero. Everybody that has one of these interiors speaks very highly of them, so I'm pretty sure both are top notch products and top notch companies to deal with.

I'm looking for measurable comparisons like weight, cost, and fit. Comfort is tough to quantify because everybody has different requirements. I sat in the Oregon seat at Oshkosh and it felt amazing plus they have a long history and great reputation for comfort.

Judging by their web pages, Classic's package is very "plug and play". But I just came from Oshkosh and Oregon Aero had "full interiror package for the RV series" handouts with prices.

One thing that bothers me about Classic is they are a no-show at Sun-n-Fun and Oshkosh while Oregon Aero was at both. I can sit in a seat, talk to the vendor, ask questions and get answers. How am I supposed to compare your product to others if you don't show up at the biggest aviation vendor gathering every year? If all else is equal, I would buy from Oregon just because they make an effort to put their product out there for picking and proding by the masses.

I'm not looking for "I got my interior from Classic and they are great" type of respones. There are plenty of those to sift through on the forums. I'm looking for people that did an honest comparison of the 2 and why you chose what you chose.

Thanks!

A combination

I ended up getting the Oregon Aero seats and Classic Aero interior. I knew from the beginning that Oregon Aero was the place for seat cushions. I tried other companies and nothing compared. I also looked at several RVs that had Classsic Aero interior and loved it. So in the end I ordered Classic Aero full interior with extra matching leather to cover the seats from Oregon Aero. I had them upholstered locally and I'm extremely happy with the outcome.

Steve
RV7A flying - 2 year flying anniversary!

Hybrid interior

I, too, have Oregon Aero seats with a Classsic Aero interior. I couldn't be happier. You already know how comfortable the Oregon Aero seats are. The Classic Aero interior is beautiful and a snap to install. It took about 45 minutes for the initial install but now if I have to remove a panel for whatever reason I unhook the velcro and remove it easily. I have my interior in a -7A and the fit is perfect. The customer service is very personable. I had to change out the carpet becaause of a fuel leak and the replacement fit perfectly. PM me if you have any questions.

Bill Near

One thing that bothers me about Classic is they are a no-show at Sun-n-Fun and Oshkosh while Oregon Aero was at both. I can sit in a seat, talk to the vendor, ask questions and get answers. How am I supposed to compare your product to others if you don't show up at the biggest aviation vendor gathering every year?
Thanks!

It's probably just the cost of going to the show, booth, time and manpower. Oregon Aero has a lot of products to market to a lot of different customers. I'm pretty sure Classic Aero only markets to us (RV builders and buyers exclusively) and they seem to stay busy. I know of one Sonex builder that tried to persuade them into building him an interior, they politely said no thanks, they had too many RV orders backed up.

If you want to talk to Classic, call them. They have the best customer service there is. They will spend the time on the phone, answer e-mail and send you samples. I haven't found anyone that wasn't pleased with their products.

Now if they would only take the time to develop an interior kit for the -8. Yea, I bought there seats, top notch stuff.

Oregon Aero make fabulous seats but have them upholstered by a local pro and build up the sides a little.

Flightline

I've heard good things about Abby at Flightline. Has anyone compared them with Oregon or Classic? Flightline seems to be less expensive based upon pricing on the web.

Abby at Fliteline

Just got our RV-10 interior-seat covers, rear seats,carpets,floor mats, headliners, baggage door cover, cockpit cover,etc.

It was considerably cheaper than the competition. Abby conferred with me several times, met her shipping date, has has been exceptionally helpful.

Although we have not yet installed it,everything looks great. She provided detailed instructions for install.

So far,she has my strong recommendation!

I compared the 2 and found classic aero way more astetically pleasing than the oregon aero. Comfort wise I sat on both and prefered the classic aero.Better bolsters. just my 2c. Nothing wrong with oregon seats though.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about Abby at Flightline. Has anyone compared them with Oregon or Classic? Flightline seems to be less expensive based upon pricing on the web.

It may be possible that both Oregon and Classic use low flammability aviation grade seat fabrics that comply with FAR 25.853. Certainly Flightline does not. That might account for some of the difference in price.

Saw Walter Tondu's seats a couple of years ago as he was readying his RV - then enjoyed a flight with him and promptly ordered our seats from Classic Aero.

We got them, installed them sat in them................Mmmmmmmmmmmm !

Sadly, had to put them in storage as we haven't finished our 7 yet :cool:

I am sure they will be excellent and as mentioned, the customer service was spot on.

Sent PM's

Bill and Steve (post nums 2 and 3) - I sent you both a PM. I'd like more info on the hybrid interior that both of you went with.

Thanks,

Dave

We flew a 6 with Oregon Areo seats for 12 years and found them great. Just finished a 7 and installed Areo Classic complete interior, flew a four hour trip and am very satisfied as well. We were concerned about the equality in comfort but feel both are very good. We think they are both great to deal with. Larry

Just received complete interior for rv-9 Classic Aero. Works of Art!!!
Love em, nice and firm, beautiful to look at, and comfortable. Class Act !

DIY custom comfortable seats

i'm interested in fabricating my own seats. after a fashion like either the ones of oregon or classic aero.
does anyone have a schematic of a generic super seat like either of those premiere (expensive) designs? or has anyone come up with a design of their own.
i'm curious about the varying degrees of compression in the types of foam, springability, viscoelastic, memory.... i took a long ride in mine without any special types of foam and i had "man-parts" going numb..... going numb wasn't so bad the trouble was when it came back to life..... and all the pins and needles feeling was a bit.... well, lets just say i'd like to avoid that again if possible.

i'm thinking that there is a foundation stiffer type foam on the bottom and i guess it'd get less so as you go up..?

any ideas?

At Copperstate this weekend there was a vendor booth from Hi-Tech Foams. They sell the raw materials and diagrams for making RV seats. Looked like very high quality.

I wish classic aero would carry RV 10 stuff because esthetically I think they have the advantage, anyone know if they are going to reinvestigate the 10 line?

Back