What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Notify FSDO for aerobatic testing while in Phase II?

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm currently in Phase II. As I read my operating limitations, The wording is a little fuzzy. Paragraph 20 Talks about the completion of phase I verbage and then states that (see image)

Does that mean I don't have to notify FISDO and go back into phase I??

Attachments

• Para 20 verbage.jpg
    Para 20 verbage.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 121
I have the same paragraph in my operating limitations and here is my interpretation….
No need to notify the FSDO but phase I limitations apply - included the defined geographical area - during this aerobatic testing. Once complete, make the log entry and then back into phase II and all flight testing is complete at that point unless new maneuvers want to be added. If so, back into Phase I all over again.

I read it the same way. You can place it in Phase 1 and practice and log your new maneuvers and once you're done you log that you're placing it in Phase 2 again in the maintenance records. Based only on what you posted, as long as there isn't another paragraph in that section saying you must contact them, then no need to contact the FAA.

Back