What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newly Minted DAR….

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Just a little less than a year ago, I dropped in to the Reno FSDO to pick up some Ops Lims for our eXenos, and was met by the three guys in the office that generally do E-AB inspections and issue AWC's. They were there to apologize that it took several months to get around to do our inspection, and that they had decided that they needed a DAR...and I was going to be it! “Slow forward” to today, when (ten months later) I received my DAR-T Letter of Authority and number!

It will take a few months to get through a couple of inspection with my FSDO inspector (sort of an OJT period), but when I have the hang of the paperwork process, I should be available for inspections as people need them. I feel very much like the new kid on the block compared to the experienced DAR's we have in this community (Mel, Vic, Tony, Scott....just to name a few), but hope to keep learning and helping folks turn their projects into airplanes in the years to come!

I’ll get Doug to add my contact information to the DAR list.

Paul

Congrats Paul. We on this forum are fortunate to have almost instant access to a vast amount of experience and knowledge.

Just a little less than a year ago, I dropped in to the Reno FSDO to pick up some Ops Lims for our eXenos, and was met by the three guys in the office that generally do E-AB inspections and issue AWC's. They were there to apologize that it took several months to get around to do our inspection, and that they had decided that they needed a DAR...and I was going to be it! “Slow forward” to today, when (ten months later) I received my DAR-T Letter of Authority and number!

It will take a few months to get through a couple of inspection with my FSDO inspector (sort of an OJT period), but when I have the hang of the paperwork process, I should be available for inspections as people need them. I feel very much like the new kid on the block compared to the experienced DAR's we have in this community (Mel, Vic, Tony, Scott....just to name a few), but hope to keep learning and helping folks turn their projects into airplanes in the years to come!

Paul
Congratulations, Paul!

That’s great, Paul. Your contributions to aviation in general and to EAB specifically are very much appreciated.
“Keep up the good work!”

Last edited:
💯Awesome, Paul! Really happy to read this. Shoot me the information you want listed on the DAR list and I’ll happily add it.
vr,dr

Paul, (congrats again) I added your info to 'The VAF List' (where the DARs live):

v/r,dr

Paul
Well, NOW you've done it! 😆 I'm pretty sure you will stay REALLY busy! Nice to have someone with your background and knowledge looking at projects! Well-deserved!

Congratulations !
I am probably staring right at it - but where is this DAR list. Will be needing one soon…

Paul
Congratulations, Paul. Well deserved. Your experience with EAB is of great value.

Chris

Paul
I think that makes you the closest one to Vegas then. If engines ever start rolling there are at least 4 of us out here building 14s.

Paul
Welcome to the "club" Paul. Congratulations!! DAR work is fun (and occasionally frustrating) and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Good on ya man!!

Paul, (congrats again) I added your info to 'The VAF List' (where the DARs live):

v/r,dr
Thanks Doug - you can add my phone number to the listing…

Back