What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New member introduction

onmy6

I'm New Here
Hi All!
I think I am in the right spot.

Figured I would introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I am a 29 year old funeral director who lives in NJ and I have had a passion for flying for 20 years or so.

The tech director at my middle school was in the RAF and heard I had an interest in flying. Turns out he owns a velocity and I have been up a few times when I was younger with him. I have also participated in a few young Eagles day. As a teenager we considered flight school but decided it wasn’t the right idea.

My grandfather ended up buying some property in PA about 15 yrs ago with an airstrip (and hanger) on it (2pa4). The previous owner sold his plane right before the property sale (died a few weeks before closing on the property). The last plane to use the runway was the new owner flying out of there. It has since been used as an atv “drag strip” and shooting range for myself. I have always dreamed of owning/ flying a plane out of there. We go up a few times a year and try to make it to a local flying club Sunday pancake breakfast at their grass strip a couple times. Actually see the old plane (Cessna 172, hasn’t been flown in 5 plus years rotting).

My dream is an rv10 to fly to Texas and among other places. But I am not sure if that will ever be attainable as while capable I do not want to build a plane and the cost to buy is not cheap. I am looking at smaller RVs to fly maybe locally up there.

My plans are to lose about 65lbs and start my training as a gift to myself. Eventually working my way down to 225 or so.

The picture of my dog laying down is at the local club strip the blue Cessna was the plane based at my grandfather’s strip. The others are just of the air strip

I’m glad to be a part of this community albeit I don’t have much to contribute.

PS the application questions were pretty tough for a non pilot. But I would love to know if I got the answers correct haha

Attachments

• IMG_9331.jpeg
    IMG_9331.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0782.jpeg
    IMG_0782.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
Back