What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New in AZ

cbschuld

I'm New Here
Hello All:

I have been lurking on this site for months. I live in the Chandler, Arizona area and am looking to purchase a flying RV in the upcoming months. I would really like to keep it 'inside' and am finding there is not a lot of (if any) hangar space available in the area. Anyone have input for me on hangar space?

Thanks in advance, Chris

Hi Chris,

I live up on the NW side of town (Peoria) and although it is a farther drive for you Glendale has T-hangars available. The small ones are $295 per month and they seem to have several available right now.

Yesterday I was over at Deer Valley (DVT) and picked up the paperwork for their T-hangars, the waiting list in the past had several hundred folks on it but now it is much smaller. In fact, the list for the small T's (39'x31') is only a few months long with guys signing up back in Feb getting units now. I think that is where I'm going to put my RV.

Either of these may be an option until you can get something at Chandler.

Hope it works out for you and I look forward to meeting more RV'ers in the Phoenix area since I'm new to the group as well.

Thanks for the welcome all!

@Chris

Appreciate the info! DVT is pretty good distance for me but might be a viable option; candidly I have not properly looked into all of the options available at Gateway yet as I made a poor assumption I would call Chandler or Mesa and just sign-up.

I have had quite an eye-opening experience learning about the lack of options near CHD & FFZ. Chandler's waiting list has 166 people on it for 114 hangars. The person on the list next entered the waiting list in 1996. (They have a waiting list for T-shades as well.) I arrived at a place to move forward on the RV and never thought I would bump into trouble attempting to find somewhere to put her. Puts me in question why the city is not down there standing up hangars. Clearly I am not in knowledge of the reasons.

I am going to keep my eyes open for a hangar in parallel with my RV shopping!

Glad to meet other local RV'ers as well!

Hi Chris, I fly out of DVT and small hangers are on a very short waiting list here. However, I believe there are some newer private hangers at CHD that would sublet a space. You might have to troll around over there on the weekend to search out the possibility. Larry

Casa Grande

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the area. I live in Chandler at Stellar airpark. You are welcome to visit. I can show you around. We don't have any hangars available but there is some secure ramp space available. I'll be selling my RV7 later this year but have a guy in line to buy it.

Depending on where you live in Chandler you might consider Casa Grande airport. This is well kept secret for those living in the Chandler Ahwatukee area. There are currently dozens of hangars under construction now and will be ready in the coming months. From where I live, (basically the 101 and 202 freeway) CGZ is 25 minutes. Rarely any traffic and the prices will probably be right. I work at CGZ. The hangars are being built next to our facility.

For those familiar with the Copperstate Fly-in, the hangars are being built where the camping area was.

From Chandler, you are at least 40 minutes to Goodyear, Glendale or Deer Valley IF there is no traffic. This a rare occurrence.

Feel free to shoot me and email.

2nd for Casa Grande

Darwin has a good idea with Casa Grande. They usually have the cheepest gas around too. I don't get why they haven't built more hangars out in the east valley. Wecome to the world of RVs!

CGZ

I have a hangar at cgz. The waiting list had 25 people on it the end of 2011 (no updates to the online list since), and over twice that many waiting for shade.
Gateway had some for sale last I knew, maybe Pegasus?

Back