What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New carbon part for RV-9/10/14, need help with fit test

[email protected]

I'm New Here
Dear friends, we (Sky Designs Engineering, Ken Krueger's company) have developed new, light-weight composite tips for the elevator and horizontal stabilizer of the RV-9/10/14 aircraft. (see attached picture) These will be soon added to our existing carbon wheel fairing, leg strut, and brake pedals offerings. I need though to do a test fit of the elevator tip on a finished elevator that does not yet have the stock tips attached. Can anyone in my area please help me? Our shop is in Seven Lakes, NC, about equal distance east of Charlotte and south of Raleigh. Many thanks in advance. Kent Misegades, aerosouth.net

Attachments

• JAN24bred.jpg
    JAN24bred.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 208
Awesome! That’s our home airport, for fun flying that is! It’s still a pretty amazing place.
Good to know. You’d have to see it back in the 70s to believe how busy GA was back then. Gene Soucy and his father Paul kept their tiny red Pitts in our hangar. Thanks again for your kind offer, and good luck on the build, a fine airplane. Watch Sky Designs Engineering or my web site for more cool stuff coming for RVAtors. We’ll have a display near the UL strip at OSH this summer.

Dear friends, we (Sky Designs Engineering, Ken Krueger's company) have developed new, light-weight composite tips for the elevator and horizontal stabilizer of the RV-9/10/14 aircraft. (see attached picture) These will be soon added to our existing carbon wheel fairing, leg strut, and brake pedals offerings. I need though to do a test fit of the elevator tip on a finished elevator that does not yet have the stock tips attached. Can anyone in my area please help me? Our shop is in Seven Lakes, NC, about equal distance east of Charlotte and south of Raleigh. Many thanks in advance. Kent Misegades, aerosouth.net

I have a -14 at Synergy Air South (Newnan, GA) under construction without the fiberglass work done yet. Elevator and horizontal stabilizer are built and ready. Not sure if that is close enough for you. Let me know.

I have a -14 at Synergy Air South (Newnan, GA) under construction without the fiberglass work done yet. Elevator and horizontal stabilizer are built and ready. Not sure if that is close enough for you. Let me know.
Thank you Josh. I plan in fact to visit Allen Nelson at Synergy soon. I may have access to an RV-10 locally, but if this does not work out I will definitely consider your kind offer. And I see you are building an "ER", wonderful! Can't wait to hear of the places it will take you.

It's exciting that you've got more in store for us!
Thanks Matt. Most everything we do is driven by requests from people like you. If you'd like to stay abreast of our efforts, see aerosouth.net > newsletters. Send me a brief message on the contact page if you'd like to be added to the newsletter mailing list. Good luck on your RV-8 build, an awesome design I enjoyed first from the back seat with one of our local Bandit formation team pilots.

Kent, I have a completed (not attached) RV-14A horizontal stabilizer and elevator in Greenville, SC. Happy to be a guinea pig if the logistics makes sense.

Kent, I have a completed (not attached) RV-14A horizontal stabilizer and elevator in Greenville, SC. Happy to be a guinea pig if the logistics makes sense.
Thanks so much, Todd. Nice town, Greenville, so near to Triple Tree, RV heaven! I may have access to an RV-10 in Raleigh, if not I will keep your kind offer in mind. Kent

Back