What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MS Flight Simulator 'Easter Egg'?

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Screenshot 2024-04-19 112927.png

Is this a MS Flight Simulator or SimWorks (they built the RV MSFS planes) Easter Egg. I've been flying from my hometown in Massachusetts back to South St. Paul over the last few weeks and today I was flying from Valparaiso, Ind to South St. Paul when I decided to stop in Monroe, Wisc (KEFT) for fuel.

When I pulled up to the ramp, I parked next to N815DG, which is Gaylon Koennig's RV-10 (read about it here: https://evokeaircraftdesign.com/completed-works/vans-rv-10-n815dg The paint scheme was faithfully reproduced. He lives in the Houston area and is nowhere near Wisconsin. If you buy the Van's sponsored RV-10 and RV-14 (c'mon, make an RV-12is!) planes for Flight Simulator, you often see RVs on the ramp with the Van's logo on the tail. But this is the first time I've seen someone's actual RV on a ramp.

Not an Easter egg, that's one of the standard liveries that comes with the SimWorks RV-10. You're just seeing it as an AI model in the sim. For whatever reason, the sim decided to load that livery instead of the generic ones that come with the purchase of that model. If you're seeing that one, you must own the SWS RV-10 correct??

BTW, their RV-8 model should be out any day now!

Not an Easter egg, that's one of the standard liveries that comes with the SimWorks RV-10. You're just seeing it as an AI model in the sim. For whatever reason, the sim decided to load that livery instead of the generic ones that come with the purchase of that model. If you're seeing that one, you must own the SWS RV-10 correct??

BTW, their RV-8 model should be out any day now!
I do, yes. Hoping the 12 will be next after the 8. I'll probably buy that too.

Back