What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mic cord Right Angle Adapter RV7A Tip Up

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
I'm trying to rig up headset extension cords from their rear overhead jacks to the front cockpit (until I get around to rewiring a permanent installation on the front panel). Extension headset/mic straight male jack cables are available from Spruce but the convenience factor would be enhanced considerably if I could locate right angle adapters for the mic jacks to go in the overhead panel which would really get them out of the way of baggage loading etc. Right angle 1/4" audio female adapters are available everywhere, but I am unable to find a right angle mic female jack. I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for the mic right angle adapters.

Can't figure out why the builder didn't install the headset jacks up front somewhere. The wires hanging down from the overhead structural bar are in the way all of the time and trying to get them re plugged inflight requires a contortionist (dangerous).

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a similar weird audio jack installation and have been looking for right-angle adapters for a long time, please let me know if you find anything!

Here it Is..Switchcraft S-230 .026 mic plug

The Switchcraft S230 3 wire plug is (I believe) the plug we need to adapt the .206 headset mic plug to rt angle input. The question is what are the 3 colors in a Bose mic plug and which one is tip..sleeve..and common ground? Not about to "disect" my mic plug to find out..Help anyone please. You can download the attached thumb..

Attachments

• Switchcraft S-230.pdf
    60.9 KB · Views: 68
I actually prefer the headsets coming from behind and over head. Helo's are popular for this configuration as were my last 3 Mooneys.

My RV7 tilt up has the jacks going into the sides of the center rear upper window channel. I have a bracket/ headset holder just behind the roll over "U" channel to hold the headsets when not in use. This leaves the seating area free of cords and headsets while engressing/ egressing; lessening the chance of snagging a cord requiring an associated repair.

Back