What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL V10 radio now appoved in the U.S.

News?

Any news on the V6 and V15 radios? I plan to get a radio sometime in the next 4 to 5 weeks. Personally, a V10 with high quality stereo aux audio would be perfect for me. I've got an empty 3 1/8" hole in my panel, and I'd rather not use a filler plate for a 2 1/4" device. Any chance of an updated V10?

Also, will the audio output of the V10 handle "consumer" in-ear monitors with a lower impedance than standard aviation headsets?

Any news on the V6 and V15 radios? I plan to get a radio sometime in the next 4 to 5 weeks. Personally, a V10 with high quality stereo aux audio would be perfect for me. I've got an empty 3 1/8" hole in my panel, and I'd rather not use a filler plate for a 2 1/4" device. Any chance of an updated V10?

Also, will the audio output of the V10 handle "consumer" in-ear monitors with a lower impedance than standard aviation headsets?

We should be showing the V6 (and with a little luck the V15) at Osh this year.
The V10 is not scheduled for and update until those two are out.

The outputs can drive loads as low as 4 ohms with ease (they can drive a normal speaker directly without further amplification required).

The V6 will be available with dual circuit intercom (i.e. completely seperate pilot and passenger systems (with switchable "join")) and both are stereo. It also provides 4 completely seperate microphone circuits, each with own gain control and noise suppression systems.
(I'm busy playing with the V6 as I type this).
The V15 is similar but adds several additional axiliary audio inputs for a full blown integrated audio panel.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

V10 in Murphy Renegade

We upgraded our Murphy panel to a V10 radio, ALT-1 and an EMS-E1 (all MGL) along with some original instruments. The radio is amazing and, as advertised, works well in the open cockpit environment with passive headsets. We are about to wire up the front seat as well using the MGL V10 harness and hope to take our first pax in a few weeks.

I'm picking up a used pair of Clark 1-30s to use so the mics and impedance match well. If the img post works, here's our simple panel (still bare AL):

MurphyPanel.jpg

Back