What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mexico AFAC disavows E/A-B permits

woxofswa

Well Known Member
According to the Baja Bush Pilots, Mexico AFAC has now disavowed the authorization permits "facilitated" by a third party and any
Multi-entry permits secured by said authorizations.
A few months ago, I spoke to the "facilitator" myself, both from a personal and journalistic perspective and he readily admitted that the bulk of the $1700 fee charged was used as "tips" (bribes) to facilitate the paperwork.
As much as I enjoy flying in Mexico, especially in service for the Flying Samaritans organization which does tremendous charity work there, the process never felt right to me.
It's a shame. No, it's a **** shame. It makes no sense for Mexico to not simply agree to cross border agreements for experimentals as most other countries have as the money generated from cross border travel heavily favors the South.
I hope this gets resolved properly soon.

Last edited:
According to the Baja Bush Pilots, Mexico AFAC has now disavowed the authorization permits "facilitated" by a third party and any
Multi-entry permits secured by said authorizations.
A few months ago, I spoke to the "facilitator" myself, both from a personal and journalistic perspective and he readily admitted that the bulk of the $1700 fee charged was used as "tips" (bribes) to facilitate the paperwork.
As much as I enjoy flying in Mexico, especially in service for the Flying Samaritans organization which does tremendous charity work there, the process never felt right to me.
It's a shame. No, it's a **** shame. It makes no sense for Mexico to not simply agree to cross border agreements for experimentals as most other countries have as the money generated from cross border travel heavily favors the South.
I hope this gets resolved properly soon.

Well that's a shame. Hopefully EAA and AOPA political resources can be brought to bear some pressure in this regard?

Of course our major airline unions went to a KCM TSA meeting and apparently the young punk in charge sat in the back of room texting on his phone the entire meeting....so a little bird told me.

Welcome to the new normal.

I was very much afraid of this. When the process is sketchy and involves favors from multiple people, it only takes one of those people changing or changing his mind to undo the whole process.

Mexican consulate

That $1,700 always seemed precarious to me. Instead, last month, I wrote the Mexican consulate for permission. Sent it via registered mail. Have not heard back yet (oh, surprise), so need to follow-up.

Yes, like a couple of you, I’d love to be able to fly to Mexico. So many cool locations to visit.

I don't get the appeal. Baja...Yucatan...whatever...meh. Never felt like gluttony on beach satisfied any longing desire. I would rather change my oil in the middle of a WI January.

Back