What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming engine order forms back online

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Van's today posted Lycoming's new prices and updated engine order forms. At this link you'll find a description of the changes that Lycoming has made. In short, the prices of standard Lycoming experimental engines have actually come down, and lead times for them are a bit shorter these days. Custom Thunderbolt engine prices have increased and lead times for those engines are about 36 months at this point in time. Check the link for details.​

In short, the prices of standard Lycoming experimental engines have actually come down, and lead times for them are a bit shorter these days.

Hi Greg,

That really puts the thunderbolt out of reach now. Which for a planned EFI engine is a real shame. Have some mags / fuel components to sell at the end I guess!

Any idea why lycoming won’t let you delete fuel and ignition from a standard engine?

What are the lead times for a standard engine? (Couldn’t see it on your link, nor on the engine order form page).

Given the extremely long lead times and the woeful dollar for non-US customers, is it possible to make an order without having to pay the full 25% deposit? (I notice your engine order form has a “pay later” selection). That’s a lot of our hard earned to be sitting overseas for a very long period of time.

Hi Greg,

That really puts the thunderbolt out of reach now. Which for a planned EFI engine is a real shame. Have some mags / fuel components to sell at the end I guess!

Any idea why lycoming won’t let you delete fuel and ignition from a standard engine?

What are the lead times for a standard engine? (Couldn’t see it on your link, nor on the engine order form page).

Given the extremely long lead times and the woeful dollar for non-US customers, is it possible to make an order without having to pay the full 25% deposit? (I notice your engine order form has a “pay later” selection). That’s a lot of our hard earned to be sitting overseas for a very long period of time.

You'll have to ask Lycoming about policies, etc. around parts deletion. We place the order with Lycoming for their available configurations. Lead times were covered in the video, but short version is: 6-8 months for a standard non-cert engine, and 36 months for a Thunderbolt, as of today.

There is no option for a non-deposit order. Orders without deposits have been historically very difficult to manage and have resulted in a lot of failure-to-pay situations, and both Lycoming and Van's need to ensure every item produced is for a real customer sale. Plus, the standard engine lead times are fairly predictably reasonable right now.

You'll have to ask Lycoming about policies, etc. around parts deletion. We place the order with Lycoming for their available configurations. Lead times were covered in the video, but short version is: 6-8 months for a standard non-cert engine, and 36 months for a Thunderbolt, as of today.

There is no option for a non-deposit order. Orders without deposits have been historically very difficult to manage and have resulted in a lot of failure-to-pay situations, and both Lycoming and Van's need to ensure every item produced is for a real customer sale. Plus, the standard engine lead times are fairly predictably reasonable right now.

Thanks Greg. Apologies - didn’t watch the video at work! 6-8 months is good. I can relax for a bit now I know I can’t afford a thunderbolt.

Back